Grave marker/in loving memory...

Arpretty

Avid Member
Just got the first draft of Spyro’s grave marker sent to me. I love it... thought I would share with those who could appreciate it. I requested the paw prints be removed from the heart in the lower lefthand corner.

Spyro’s life was a miracle in mine in many ways. When we took him into our care in 2018, we thought he might only last a couple of days. Instead, he surprised us with a little over 2.5 years.

Side note, I also lost my grandmother a few months ago due to nursing home neglect, and our first family dog passed away two days after her funeral. Not kidding...Spyro gave me company during the day as a COVID/pandemic-induced work from home employee. Losing him has been extremely painful.

I took him in as a rescue and ironically, he was my first reptile. Experience with many other types of animals made me confident that I could help in some way. He was a hardy, tough little guy, and a he was the third member of the “family” between my boyfriend and me. I fell completely in love with chameleons thanks to him, and he and this forum taught me so much.

I will honor his life by acquiring more knowledge and eventually transition into letting my knowledge and love for this animal flourish in another chameleon. Thank you, Spy.
E75EE787-77E0-4D46-BAC8-7089888EA20D.png

So very sorry you lost your grandmother and then your dog and now your chameleon. This has been a terrible year and I think it's so awful that people are trapped in seniors homes and dying because they aren't safe there. There isn't much words can do to help but I know you'll keep your grandmother and dog and chameleon in your heart.
Hugs.

BTW...I love the grave marker?

My sister died yesterday and I just found out today. It was sudden and unexpected. There will be no funeral..thank you covid. :(

Omg I am so sorry, that is absolutely devastating. I'm very sorry to hear that there will not be a funeral, I imagine that will be difficult...I am not a praying person but my thoughts and heart is with you - loss is awful on its own but the pandemic turns it into a double-punch.

Very sorry for your loss. It’s never easy to lose a pet or family member. The grave marker is wonderful. You gave him a great life.

Thanks for your thoughts. I just told you so your know that I understood what you're going through. It takes a lot of time to heal....keep the good hints in your mind and heart.

Back
Top Bottom