Grasshopper success

so far by google ive only found Eastern lubber grasshopper which are the deadly black and red sometimes black and yellwo grasshoppers.... we get SOOOOO MANY of these guys. Ive seen green grasshoppers before but google is being a butt

Cute little buggers you got. It's a shame that I've never seen grasshoppers for sale as feeders; my rats love the canned ones, and the ones we have locally here are absolute buggers to catch (plus they either come in lots of colors or cross breed like rabbits).

Steve you could get a rock to hatch. Those grasshoppers were a sure thing. I don't have any large chams but it would be fun to see chams eating them - maybe a video??

Im waiting for the adults to come back out, I'd love to get some to hatch, we get super large bird grasshoppers down here (americans i believe). Its horrible going out and hunting for them, a few hours yields maybe 20. Congrats Steve!

Anyone have a link to a breeding tutorial. My son loves catching hoppers. I will send him out to catch them. I just need to know what to do with them.

I'm hoping to catch some (and other bugs) this summer, what do you feed them, and how/how manny adults do you keep for breeding?

Steve you could get a rock to hatch. Those grasshoppers were a sure thing. I don't have any large chams but it would be fun to see chams eating them - maybe a video??
With all the bug keeping, and cricket crack making, I've had little time for videos. Here's the one video I took that shows eating crunch appeal. http://youtu.be/rZQ9ipNsSvs

I'm hoping to catch some (and other bugs) this summer, what do you feed them, and how/how manny adults do you keep for breeding?

I try to keep ten adults in a medium sized screen cage, with a 2 gallon rose bush. I also keep about ten rose bushes, and I just swap out the rose bushes every couple of days to keep enough foilage going.

Is there any reptile safe hoppers in Alberta, Canada. Because I do not have my chameleon yet but would love to get a colonie of Hoppers.

where in the world do you guys get those grasshoppers. i looked everywhere for them and for those colorful locusts but i got no luck...........WHERE..................

Wish I could get some hoppers. It was the first meal Scratchie had with me, a wild grass hopper that got in my place..
Who is selling them..

Back
Top Bottom