Grass Hoppers

melric

Avid Member
So there is this open empty lot behind my house. Do you guys think I could find grass hoppers back there?:D:D:D Only thing I'm worried about is snakes. But, I think it might be too cold for them atm. How the heck am I supposed to find them.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 123
Walk threw it. The grass hoppers will hop out. Yes pun intented.:p. Then watch where they land and catch them. Dont you remember being a kid.

just use a net to catch them, and have something handy to put them in. Also, try breeding them rather than feeding off the ones you catch, there's always the possibility of pesticide contact or parasites, they're fairly easy to breed, there has been a few threads about it, just use the search box : )

I was never a kid. lol. But, I moved from the city to the not so much city as you can see. I read a couple of threads about it. Everyone seems to be indecisive about pesticides and parasites. I really just liked that picture too. But it posted upside down. Oops. Haha. I'll tread through there one of these days.

I was never a kid. lol. But, I moved from the city to the not so much city as you can see. I read a couple of threads about it. Everyone seems to be indecisive about pesticides and parasites. I really just liked that picture too. But it posted upside down. Oops. Haha. I'll tread through there one of these days.

LOL. So you were just a city kid. Threre are alot of risk. But Texas Panther Man on this forum says he does it. He just watches them for a couple of days before he feeds them off. I think thats what he said in a old thread.

I would pull their back legs off of them before feeding them off as this could cause impaction digestion issues. I lost my first vield cham to a big grass hopper from the yard... Wish I would have known then what I know now.

I would pull their back legs off of them before feeding them off as this could cause impaction digestion issues. I lost my first vield cham to a big grass hopper from the yard... Wish I would have known then what I know now.

Oh yeah I read somewhere about that. I forgot if it was your post. That's a very good suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom