Grass carpet?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Can I put grass carpet in my chams enclosures? I think it will be easier for me to clean the bottom of it and it looks more natural.

The poop will be hard to wipe off and mold can form from water under it.
+1 (y)

Can I put grass carpet in my chams enclosures? I think it will be easier for me to clean the bottom of it and it looks more natural.
IMO, the easiest to clean and still natural looking is ceramic tile with a rough (slate or stone) texture. Pick up the mess with a paper towel, a quick spritz with a cage cleaner, and wipe dry. It sanitizes and removes any smell as well, and should your chameleon spend any time walking on it, it will help keep its nails shorter. Grouting is not required for this application.

20200321_105647.jpg

This is one you can get at lowes and cut with a razor blade

Okay thank you guys! My current bottom is wood I will se about putting some ceramic on the bottom like @Klyde O'Scope said!
So is my beardie box. First I put down a layer of vinyl shelf liner, and taped the seams & borders w/ painters tape. Then lay the tiles directly on that—no adhesives, no grouting. That way, if you have to remove them for any reason, you don't have to destroy the enclosure. In mine, there's a gap around the perimeter of the tiles; I filled that in with strips of wood.
1599529697769.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom