Graceful Chameleon colors

adouglas8403

Hello! I am new to the forum and new to Chameleons, although I have done a ton of research, and I have two cresties and a dumpy tree frog that I've had for a while. I've become obsessed with learning everything I could possibly learn about gracefuls. One thing I'm having trouble learning is the coloring. I bought Kiwi, the name of my female graceful, at the Indy Repile expo. The previous owner had a lot of gracefuls and said he kept them all housed together, which I didn't think was a very good idea. I keep Kiwi by herself. Anyways, he said that dark colors mean they're unhappy and bright colors mean they're happy, but doing research online, some sites say the same, but some sites say the opposite, and then there are those who still say they blend with their surrounding. Kiwi is most the time a light green, and in her enclosure she's almost a hunter green, but a couple times I've seen her turn a light green with blue dots, usually dark blue dots, but they're definitely blue. Does anyone know what that means?
Also, I have moss as a substrate since it holds moisture and keeps humidity high, but I have read there should be no substrate?

Back
Top Bottom