Got the cage

20190705_190946.jpg
Im gonna add more later but that's my basis

Make sure you get a linear model for the UVB bulb. Usually when we see people with two domes like you have on top of their cage, one of those bulbs is very very bad for chameleons. Your UVB light needs to be as long as your cage is wide. The small, coiled lightbulbs will kill your chameleon (which we told you in one of the previous threads).

Also, what are the dimensions of the cage?

Make sure you get a linear model for the UVB bulb. Usually when we see people with two domes like you have on top of their cage, one of those bulbs is very very bad for chameleons. Your UVB light needs to be as long as your cage is wide. The small, coiled lightbulbs will kill your chameleon (which we told you in one of the previous threads).

Also, what are the dimensions of the cage?
The UVB isn't a coil. It's a compact flourescent which is long vertically and short horizontally. Its 16x16x30. Sadly my parents get mad at me for constantly misting her cage. It aleays goes up to around 60 and 5 minutes later it's at a 20 or 30. I'm waiting to get a automatic mister. Any suggestions on how to keep it up other then covering it and putting live plants in it(which I already did)?

The UVB isn't a coil. It's a compact flourescent which is long vertically and short horizontally. Its 16x16x30. Sadly my parents get mad at me for constantly misting her cage. It aleays goes up to around 60 and 5 minutes later it's at a 20 or 30. I'm waiting to get a automatic mister. Any suggestions on how to keep it up other then covering it and putting live plants in it(which I already did)?
If the bulb is in the dome light it is a coil screw in uvb bulb.... You have to have a T5HO fixture like this. they run the length of the top of the cage. but since you got a smaller cage you will eventually have to get the larger one for the baby. So you want to get a 24 inch fixture now so you don't have to get another one later. With a 5.0 bulb.
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-2605...2385119&s=gateway&sprefix=t5ho,aps,286&sr=8-2

Cut up a trash bag and tape the sides that are facing a wall. the water will hit the bag on the outside and drip down. get a live plant or two and a few more fake plants. ( the silk ones let water drip off easily. you could get some jungle moss vines to add more stuff to climb on aswell )

If the bulb is in the dome light it is a coil screw in uvb bulb.... You have to have a T5HO fixture like this. they run the length of the top of the cage. but since you got a smaller cage you will eventually have to get the larger one for the baby. So you want to get a 24 inch fixture now so you don't have to get another one later. With a 5.0 bulb.
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26053-Reptisun-Terrarium/dp/B00AQU8F2O/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3G4RH9I9RMX6J&keywords=t5ho+reptile+light+fixture&qid=1562385119&s=gateway&sprefix=t5ho,aps,286&sr=8-2
I would have to agree with this and get the 24 inch fixture. It will hang off the sides but at least you won’t have to go buy another one when you upgrade your cage size if you are gonna go with the basic 24x24x48.

Your going to want the T5HO 24 inch zoomed reptisun fixture with the reptisun 5.0 linear bulb as Beman mentioned it’s essential. Also i see a lot of keepers with baby enclosures that make frames out of bamboo stakes. Kind of like a jungle gym of bamboo. This would help you fill some of that empty space in your cage if you add plants within and around the bamboo frame. Here is a picture of what I’m talking about. You would want to make the frame bigger and higher than this but just giving a general idea.
D336037F-EBE5-4896-9B3D-181CE7B11282.png

Back
Top Bottom