Got my enclosure more foliage and a trellis

Barson

Wanted to know if I’m going in the right direction the pothos should grow decently fast

Attachments

• 23EDA88E-6A02-49E0-BF5D-A98F56D8CACF.jpeg
    23EDA88E-6A02-49E0-BF5D-A98F56D8CACF.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 0E79152A-F117-4356-9645-165DADB8B15B.jpeg
    0E79152A-F117-4356-9645-165DADB8B15B.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 175
Oh ok! Thanks! What did you do to prep the ones you found?

Pretty much nothing, haha! I harvested deadfall from a safe, pesticide free location and essentially rinsed it. They were a little muddy, so I scrubbed them a little (no soap, in my case) and then popped them in.

Imho, we frequently overtreat found wood... I really wouldn't go overkill unless you happen to live in the reptile's native habitat and there were parasites in the environment that could infest her. But if you're worried, scrubbing branches down with some mild dish soap, rinsing well, soaking them in water for 15+ minutes (to flush out bugs), and then leaving them outside to dry in the sun is the way to go! :)

Pretty much nothing, haha! I harvested deadfall from a safe, pesticide free location and essentially rinsed it. They were a little muddy, so I scrubbed them a little (no soap, in my case) and then popped them in.

Imho, we frequently overtreat found wood... I really wouldn't go overkill unless you happen to live in the reptile's native habitat and there were parasites in the environment that could infest her. But if you're worried, scrubbing branches down with some mild dish soap, rinsing well, soaking them in water for 15+ minutes (to flush out bugs), and then leaving them outside to dry in the sun is the way to go! :)
For sure! I’m just worried about it because very few areas around me are pesticide free, would soap and water be enough for that?

You could re-pot it in a little bit larger pot to encourage growth and/or hand the pot off of the trellis to keep bugs from hiding under it, make bottom easier to clean and get the leaves up a bit higher.

Back
Top Bottom