Got me thinking....

jheitz

Earlier this evening I was responding to a members question regarding the use of gloves while handling their cham to keep from getting bit. This brought back a flood of fond memories during my time working in pet stores and my local zoo and all the critters that have gotten the upper hand on me, cold and warm blooded alike. My belief is it's not IF you get bit, it's WHEN, and each time I walked away with a better understanding and a greater appreciation for the wonderful creatures I had the opportunity to work with. Anyone else have an interesting bite story to tell?:D

Once my chameleon had problems with shooting and the vet had to take a look into his mouth. I kept telling the vet that my chameleon was so calm and never attacked anyone and then the vet forgot to take his finger out of Yoda's mouth while the tweezer had already been out and my chameleon just shut his mouth. :) The doctor was bleeding for a few minutes- but it was his fault, he should have removed the finger faster :D And when we came there one week later for a check, there was a different vet and when she saw my chameleon she asked: "Is it that evil chameleon who bit my colleague? Wait, I'll put my gloves on! My colleague tells stories about your aggressive chameleon and the injury!" :D

Back
Top Bottom