got a panther

chamfan87

went to my first reptile show today(wanted pretty much everything they had there lol:D) was looking to get a Jackson, but did not have any luck it was more snakes than anything and they mostly had veilds(tons and tons), transparent veilds, Fischer and giant Fischer chameleons. until I came across one cage that had two chams in it one medium size(which was sold) and a baby both panthers so after walking around a little bit thinking about it (because I would have to get a smaller cage since the one I made was planned for something bigger lol) I bought the little guy he/she is so adorable. only thing is I'm not sure the sex or what breed of panther it is and I know its kinda hard to tell when they are small what sex they are. ill have to post pics up tomorrow since its a little late and he/she is sleeping right now.

Thats Great the pather chameleon have great personalitys good starter chameleon that person u bought ur cham from didnt say what type of morph it is? thats kinda wierd who did u buy from? do you need any care sheet alot of people on here could help you out with questions if u need them :)

yeahhh its pretty weird if you werent told if it was male or female or what kind it was. im also curious to know where you got it.

no they didn't say they just told me it was a panther i believe the vendor was called dragon fortress. I had a veild(escaped about a month or two ago) before I got this one so hes not really my first cham just a first for a panther, plus I've done alot of reading on them along with looking through threads on here.

my little guy hasn't been doing to good since i've got him/brought him home all its been doing is sleeping :(.

see my health thread if you have any answers as to what it might be.

its like he just falls asleep in mid climb
Photo0626.jpg

that cham is very ill, i would get it to a vet if i was you but to be honest it looks too far gone. it looks in pretty bad shape, i think its a female tho i only had a quick look. she looked very dehydrated

what is on her tail base?

what uv lights are you using? what supplements are you using?

it is female

Last edited:
I fear she is to far gone also :(. shes been like this since I brought her home from the show on saturday the 6th with waking up every now and then for acouple minutes she eats acouple crickets and then back to sleep. I think she could have been ill from before I bought her but at the show she did not look bad when the guy took her out for me although I could not see if she was sleeping when in their cage since she was under a bunch of leaves. I have been doing everything correct temps are all good humidity is good I just think this cham was not well from the beginning. I had contacted the vendor I got her from that same day I got her and have emailed them pretty much every day since I had her telling them that I think there was something wrong with the cham I bought from them and today finally they emailed me back telling me they need to see my setup first.

my lighting is a repti-sun 5.0 uvb tube light(which was raised since acouple people said it could of been due to being to close, but no change with that), basking bulb is a 60w exo terra sun glow bulb. my supplemts are reptical with and without d3 along with reptivite.

i dont think its the uv tube as you have only just recieved the animal, infact if i was you i would get a 10% tube over the cham and supplement with zoo med reptivite with d3 for 3 days.

eye problems can be linked with uv lights but i dont think its the problem, the cham looks under nourished, i have read vitamin A also plays a role with eyes so it could be lack of vit A, Vetarks Zocal-D is also very helpful in situations like yours as it is liquid calcium with D3, make sure instructions are read before use as too many vitamins can be more fatal than not enough.

without knowing the chams previous history, seeing the previous setup, supplements etc its hard to pin point anything. its quite possible it wasnt kept under uv lights, or maybe the bulb had never been changed or re-newed.

rob

at the show they only had a basking bulb over the chams and was in a small reptibreeze cage with one of those plastic vines that looks like a small goup of vines that stick to the side of glass. not sure how they supplemented them or how they kept them back at their place. she most likely is under nourished because she does not stay up long enough to really eat alot, but when she is up I try and make sure she finds/gets any crickets I put in.

Back
Top Bottom