Goodbye my friends...(Super pic heavy!!!)

It's really sad to see you go man. Whenever i wanted to show people top end falys and tamataves I would show them Storm and your other stuff. Good luck man.
-alex

You are right. Generations of being kept in captivity and selected for changes the species. This is the case with 'pure' breeds as much as for crosses. The pure locales will remain only in nature, because even the breeders who are selecting for pure nosey faly are changing the breed to look as 'nosey faly' as possible. Because they are inbreeding from a much smaller genepool than in nature there are all sorts of problems that 'pedigree' chams may suffer from in the future.
I hate the idea of 'trying' to make the babies anything other than healthy animals. Translucent veileds, bizzare colours and patterns on any animal are no reason to pay extra money and have a trophy animal.

Just my personal opinion, I can see the rationale of wanting to keep the colours and patterns of panther locales as nature intended, but it it not really a priority for me because I can see how much dogs have changed in a few thousand years. From Grey wolf to Chihuahua........ God only knows what the pure breed falys are going to look like in 15,000 years :D

I agree to some extent, but, I carefully selected the majority of mine from WC sources or F1/F2 in an effort to keep them as close to their wild and original colouration as possible. Its inevitable that there will be some changes in appearance overtime, but if people dont make the effort to try keep things right then theyre gonna disappear altogether. Of all the Chams Ive ever owned, only 3 came from UK bloodlines and the majority of the rest were WC.

Again people, thank you for the kind words. Ill try to come on here now and again. I love you all! lol

Back
Top Bottom