Goodbye my friends...(Super pic heavy!!!)

Benton1576

Hello everybody,

I haven't posted on here in a while because In a few weeks time I will no longer own any Chameleons, as much as it breaks my heart. My Mitsio male and Tamataves have already gone, I'm waiting on a courier to come collect the Faly trio and Mitsio Female then I just have a few remaining Cap Est babies to sell. I also have eggs incubating which will hatch next year but I already have a buyer for the whole clutch.

I have decided that the UK market for the rarer and pure locales just doesn't exist and people would rather spend a few pounds on a mutt than pay the little extra to get something better, adding to the already damaged pure lines available in the UK. I refuse to breed mainstream locales due to there being well established bloodlines here already and refuse to jump ship and breed tons of crosses in order to compete with the small minded children with no care about the damage they are causing by breeding crosses and not declaring it, so after some very careful consideration I decided to sell up and admit defeat! :(

I would like to say a huge thank you to everybody here for the help I have received, the friends I have made and most of all the experience of being a member of this forum. Goodby everybody and take care.

Kindest regards and best wishes,

Mark Benton

Just a few pics of some of the guys Ive owned, Males only as females look so similar:

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0254.jpg

Faly4.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

masoala2.jpg

jimmi2.jpg

mark12-1.jpg

Mark.jpg

Benton, your collection of chams has always greatly impressed me. You definitely have one of the nicer collections I've seen on these forums. Just because you are quitting selling chams doesn't mean you can't post or read cool stuff on the forums. Don't be a stranger! Just wanted to say good luck with all your future endeavors and maybe in the future you may pick up a cham or two for personal enjoyment. :D

Mark its sad to see you go and i will miss seeing all of your beautiful chams. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. :(

Even the parsoni? :( Mark, I noticed this a while back on fb and it truly saddened me to hear it... I can understand your reasoning though. Ill miss seeing your amazing collection of pardalis. Best of luck with your future plans bro! As said, dont be a stranger!!!:)

Gosh, I really hate to see this happen!!!!!! I always got butterflies when I saw that you had posted pics of your guys!!!!!! They were a treat for me to see, such a beautiful collection!!!!!!!!!
Soooo sad to see and them go........ :(

You have had some really Fantastic chams.. With that being said are you in it for the money or the animal?? :)

Wow, just amazing. What I would do (or pay) to get just one of your babies...hate to see a purist leave. I hope to see you back one day.

Wwow mark i must say im sad to see ypou go you hold or should i say held my dream cham collection that really sucks. You are gettin out like someone else has said dont be a stranger why not keep a couple close friends why would you just give it all up i kow its none of my business but could never in a million years give up my whole collection i jist love these guys too much to say good by but i hope one day you will own another as you are a grreat keeper and it will be sad to see you go. Also if you have anything comin to canada let me know. Hope to see you here again one day.

Awe, I hate to see good members leave!!! :( All your chameleons are so beautiful and I will miss seeing them on the forum. Will miss your posts too, and hope one day that you will change your mind and we will meet again!! Take care and best of luck to you.

I hate that you have to leave us, you have some very beautiful panthers. It just suck that no one with pay for the pure linage.
I hope to see you back into the hobby in the future!
Collin

Wow! What a collection. Each one is more beautiful than the next. You must be sorry to see them go. :(

Well I really didnt know you but good luck on the outside world with those normal people and just wanted to say thanks for you being one of those breeders that kept the panther lines pure and at that having some of the most nicest pures

I'm so sad that you have to part with your guys. :( I have always enjoys seeing your photos of all your gorgeous chams. I hope you will still drop in to say hello to all of us every now and then. Jann

Super sad to see you go Mark! I completely understand your perspective but it sucks and we will sorely miss you and pictures of your fantastic collection.
Rob

Thank you so much guys for the support and kind words. Its so hard to give up my collection, but I wasn't in it for the money, I was in it for keeping things pure so with not many people willing to buy them at an affordable price and me not trusting enough people to also breed my offspring with pure lines I just couldn't stay in it. Also, the reason I'm selling up and not just keeping them as pets is because I carefully hand selected all of mine to be good breeders and from good solid backgrounds so it would be a waste to see them disappear in time with no lineage left behind. I know the people who bought them share the same ideas as me and will continue their pure bloodlines, producing some beautiful offspring in the future.

I will occasionally pop by and see whats happening around here, share advice when needed and keep in touch with a few people here who have genuinely been friends. :D

Back
Top Bottom