Good plants for a veiled chameleon?

20160810_174936.jpg

I'll second that. Pothos grows like crazy in wet and dry conditions, sun or shade. It's also one of the only plants that grows leaves back as fast as the veiled can chomp on them. Just make sure to prune it every so often and get rid of the leaves that get munched.

Organic potting soil. Wash your plant first and then repot with rocks on top so the chameleon can't get to the dirt
Yup! I use miracle grow organic and place rocks on top of the soil so my cham has no chance of ingesting and becoming compacted. I've even heard of baking your soil too

I used organic veggie garden soil with no fertilizer in it. Personally I didn't cover the top with rocks. The soil is so soft and organic, I don't see it doing any harm. No harm to cover it, either.

Pothos, shefflera, hibiscus, ficus are all great plants. Definitely wash and repot. I don't cover with rocks though.

Philo is slightly different then pothos but similar and yes places say its toxic but i think pothos and all are if eaten alot.

Philo is slightly different then pothos but similar and yes places say its toxic but i think pothos and all are if eaten alot.
Good to know! I had purchased both not realizing they were different and decided only to put the pothos in the cages just to be safe.

I have a pothos hanging from the top in my cage. Everyone recommends hibiscus but I'll tell you mine started dying immediately. I'm going to try a ficus next

Last edited:
I have a pot his hanging from the top in my cage. Everyone recommends hibiscus but I'll tell you mine started dying immediately. I'm going to try a ficus next
Hibiscus needs full sun and would need their own special plant bulb to do well indoors

Back
Top Bottom