Good Nurseries

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I normally get my plants from Home Depot and lowes... does anyone know some good places to get wider ranges of healthy plants? My Lowes has a decent amount but they aren't always in the best condition, same for Home Depot.

I cant seem to find any good nurseries.. i've been to some before and they are either sold out of alot of their plants or the plants are unhealthy :( Do you know any by name?

Where are you in Florida. From my experience living in SW florida for 10 years, as well as yearly vacations where I visit them, there are a TON of great nurseries in Florida! Apopka is the houseplant production capitol of the eastern (if not entire) US!

Ive never had plants shipped before. They do okay in shipping?

Yep! Nurseries are pros. The plants get hardened off before hand and are shipped well packaged. Just be sure to unpack it and put it in appropriate lighting asap. Sometimes they show a little stress from shipping but should rebound quickly.

Good to know! Ive heard of plants getting shipped before (just never had them shipped personally) but some nurseries don't do it well supposedly... good that this company does. For sure will look into getting some plants from them!

Get to know the garden center team in your local store. They will tell you when new deliveries are coming and can get specific plants for you when available...

100% this! I know several employees by name at a few different nurseries, and they let me know if something I'm looking for is coming in. I'm also part of a local plant nerd group, and we swap plants/let eachother know about new arrivals.

...this hobby has done crazy things to me :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom