Good flowering plants

ajs

Avid Member
thinking about getting a couple new plants pretty soon and wanted to add some color into the mix.

Do you guys have flowering plants or more colorful plants that have worked well for you?

I have a bromeliad that does well. It doesn’t like a lot of water though so have to think about positioning. I also have an orchid. Have killed a couple of hibiscus. Just put a mandevilla in but too soon to tell. Btw I have a panther who doesn’t munch on plants.

Usually most of the brilliant flowering plants require a good plant light and LED's I have hibiscus ,bromeliads and croton that demands that lighting and I agree with @CrisBruns it is all about the placement of the plants

I have a jungle dawn led and even that wasn’t enough for the hibiscus. But we do have a heavily planted enclosure

I used 2 jungle dawn leds on this, there's other options for plant lighting though... the JDs are a bit pricey.

But yeah, there's tons of options for colors, just depends if you have the lighting for it. Bromeliads, cryptanthus, caladium, jeweled orchids(as ground cover), and nepenthes were some that I used in my enclosure to make it pop.

Wandering jew are pretty colorful and happen to be very easy to keep. Most others with out of the ordinary colors need the light. Also usually takes good lighting to get plants to flower.

Attachments

• 20181208_133059.jpg
    20181208_133059.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180523_152021.jpg
    20180523_152021.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20180523_191351.jpg
    20180523_191351.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 75
  • 20180523_152113.jpg
    20180523_152113.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 122
I used 2 jungle dawn leds on this, there's other options for plant lighting though... the JDs are a bit pricey.

But yeah, there's tons of options for colors, just depends if you have the lighting for it. Bromeliads, cryptanthus, caladium, jeweled orchids(as ground cover), and nepenthes were some that I used in my enclosure to make it pop.

Wandering jew are pretty colorful and happen to be very easy to keep. Most others with out of the ordinary colors need the light. Also usually takes good lighting to get plants to flower.
The caladium are so pretty! I might have to get one. If I can find a place for it! Beautiful enclosure.

I see your pitcher plant in there. How big is/was it?

Back
Top Bottom