Good dusting schedule

Curly_Cham

I have a 6 month old male Veiled and I keep finding conflicting information about dusting crickets. I have calcium w/o D3 and a multivitamin with D3.

Do I dust every cricket or only half of what he eats? Do I dust with both daily/weekly? On days I use the D3 do i still use the calc w/o D3? Please help, what is the best recommendations for dusting?

I have a 6 month old male Veiled and I keep finding conflicting information about dusting crickets. I have calcium w/o D3 and a multivitamin with D3.

Do I dust every cricket or only half of what he eats? Do I dust with both daily/weekly? On days I use the D3 do i still use the calc w/o D3? Please help, what is the best recommendations for dusting?
I dust almost every feeding with pure calcium and calcium with d3 once a week and multivitamins twice a month

I dust every day unless feeding calci worms. Weekdays I use calcium without D3. On Saturdays (or Sunday) I alternate between calcium with D3 and Reptivite with D3. So my Chams get D3 once a week from calcium powder OR Reptivite. Never both. I also keep 3 deli containers near the chams. One says "without" one says "with D3" one says "Reptivite." I use these to dust the bugs and I write the date on the "with D3" or the "Reptivite" with a sharpie when I use that product because I WILL forget which I used last week otherwise.

From what I read, the calcium dust only needs to be light because they will excrete the majority since they don't need that much at a time... just need it often. Maybe somebody can clarify if I am doing this right.

I dust every day unless feeding calci worms. Weekdays I use calcium without D3. On Saturdays (or Sunday) I alternate between calcium with D3 and Reptivite with D3. So my Chams get D3 once a week from calcium powder OR Reptivite. Never both. I also keep 3 deli containers near the chams. One says "without" one says "with D3" one says "Reptivite." I use these to dust the bugs and I write the date on the "with D3" or the "Reptivite" with a sharpie when I use that product because I WILL forget which I used last week otherwise.

From what I read, the calcium dust only needs to be light because they will excrete the majority since they don't need that much at a time... just need it often. Maybe somebody can clarify if I am doing this right.
I made a calendar that Im tracking how many and what/if I dust them with. Id probably forget too if I didnt write it down

Back
Top Bottom