Gone?

trdlabs

What do you people do if you go away for a few days? I will be gone for 4 days and have no way to feed my chams. Will they be OK? What can I do or make to feed them while I am gone? :(

Lot of people have a friend that can come by to refill water drippers and throw crickets in.

How old is your cham?

You could get a misting system on a timer with a big reservoir and have it go off just enough not to use all the water in the bucket.

For feeding you could put a few cups (3 or so in diffrent spots) in the cage full of crickets. This would be better than throwing a bunch of crix in free range to last the 4 days. That way the crickets won't be loose in the night to bite your chameleon.

There are a lot of member in California (not so sure about Northern Cali). Perhaps one would be willing to babysit.

What are the ages and species of your chameleons?

Lot of people have a friend that can come by to refill water drippers and throw crickets in.

How old is your cham?

You could get a misting system on a timer with a big reservoir and have it go off just enough not to use all the water in the bucket.

For feeding you could put a few cups (3 or so in diffrent spots) in the cage full of crickets. This would be better than throwing a bunch of crix in free range to last the 4 days. That way the crickets won't be loose in the night to bite your chameleon.
All my chams are 4-5 months of age. Everything is auto timed, so all I am worried about is the food part.

They can go days/weeks without food, I would just load them up with crickets, and put some supers/crickets in a feeding cup.

They will be fine, I am gone 4-5 days a week, I would feed my younger ones like yours about 20 crickets for 2 days, that will be plenty.:D

Nick

I have a chamsitter for when I go out of town. I would never leave my chams along.....something could happen to them when left unattended. I would at lease have some one come by to check on them and mist them and put some water in a drip cup for them.

Back
Top Bottom