Golden Hour Photoshoot!

gracie88

Who knew that the bathroom would have such great lighting? About to give Cosmo some shower time!

(P.S. I know Cosmo is showing some light signs of stress in these photos, he was a bit mad that I took him off of his favorite plant. Five seconds after this he was completely green and happy, I would never want anyone to think I am putting my baby in a stressful situation just for some good photos, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea! ?❤)

Attachments

• D8805181-B9F4-4459-8E53-ED78CE56038B.jpeg
    D8805181-B9F4-4459-8E53-ED78CE56038B.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 137
  • D9641F02-E9E1-4000-BED6-331D872E2C7F.jpeg
    D9641F02-E9E1-4000-BED6-331D872E2C7F.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 91920D83-CDBF-4468-9B95-F91AA2B21963.jpeg
    91920D83-CDBF-4468-9B95-F91AA2B21963.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 134
Why does he need shower time?
He is a beautiful boy!

Thank you so much! I just put him on a plant and give him indirect spray from the shower so he has an opportunity to clean out his eyes and drink some water. It is also great for humidity, which is something I especially struggle with due to where I live. There is a more in depth post about this on this website incase you ever wanted to try ?

Last edited:
Nice pics!

I have one cham that loves the shower so i do it once a week, he actually gets excited when he sees the shower plant, all my other chams run from my mistking so they dont get a shower since i know it would stress them. If your cham enjoys it then do it, cant hurt. The one that likes the shower is my male jackson btw.

Nice pics!

I have one cham that loves the shower so i do it once a week, he actually gets excited when he sees the shower plant, all my other chams run from my mistking so they dont get a shower since i know it would stress them. If your cham enjoys it then do it, cant hurt. The one that likes the shower is my male jackson btw.

Yup! My guy gets excited for it and loves to get all the water off the leaves, but oddly enough he runs from his mister too! I don't think he has figured out that shower time and misting time is practically the same thing ?

Yup! My guy gets excited for it and loves to get all the water off the leaves, but oddly enough he runs from his mister too! I don't think he has figured out that shower time and misting time is practically the same thing ?

Might have to do with a luke warm shower and humidity compared to room temp misting.

Just make sure that the water isn’t too warm or even try cool water. What is warm to us is scalding hot to a chameleon. Personally, unless the cham is dehydrated I don’t see the value in showering them.

Just make sure that the water isn’t too warm or even try cool water. What is warm to us is scalding hot to a chameleon. Personally, unless the cham is dehydrated I don’t see the value in showering them.

Yeah I totally see what you are saying. I personally live in an extremely dry climate so having shower time with Cosmo gives him a chance to have a humid area to be in. This is also so I can keep up with hydration and make sure if he ever needs to clean out his eyes he can. I do agree though, if you have a more prolonged misting style that can give your cham those oppurtunities, shower time isn't always neccessary. But, (if your cham enjoys it) it can never hurt and it can be some great bonding time!

I've noticed with my chams the hissing sound that my misting bottle startles them as if its hissing at them. Just my thought.my chams like both ways though.

I never thought about that either! Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that he has a live plant when hes in the shower but when he is misted he doesn't ? Honestly, it is probably a mix of all of the above ?

Back
Top Bottom