Gold spots coming in

userBandit

She now has gold spots but they are dark. I’d they usually brighten up? Now that she is starting to get the Gravid colors will she be laying them soon? How long do you think it will take her to finally start laying them once she’s done being receptive?

C7A4E9CF-3EC7-4597-928C-0C839FF2576A.png
5D331498-A8A2-4969-A31D-B8C6ED369AC1.png
E09FC890-F162-4E4E-BE69-DD287D3E2CA1.png

She has gold stripes on her head too. They just aren’t as vibrant as I’ve seen in photos so I was wondering if the spots will get lighter. She isn’t blue either.

It takes about 30 to 40 days to produce eggs from the time they start. It's harder to be sure when that is the first time they produce eggs because they don't always show their gravid colors clearly.

The cycle is usually every 120 to 130ish days from one laying until the next.

I see you have a container in her cage with a pothos in it...is that your lay bin? If so what size is it? What's the substrate in it?

When a female gets her gold/yellowish splotchesits important to control her diet and temperatures so she won't become egg bound, suffer from follicular stasis, MBD, possible prolapse, produce large clutches, etc.

It takes about 30 to 40 days to produce eggs from the time they start. It's harder to be sure when that is the first time they produce eggs because they don't always show their gravid colors clearly.

The cycle is usually every 120 to 130ish days from one laying until the next.

I see you have a container in her cage with a pothos in it...is that your lay bin? If so what size is it? What's the substrate in it?

When a female gets her gold/yellowish splotchesits important to control her diet and temperatures so she won't become egg bound, suffer from follicular stasis, MBD, possible prolapse, produce large clutches, etc.
It is her laying bin, it is 10 x 10 x 10 and i have the ReptiSoil in it. I know it isn't the best but it is what I have on deck and i'd say the bin in about halfway full.

Regarding the temperature controlling I just switched her bulb today from 100W to 75W bulb. I feed her like two worms every other day? should i reduce the amount of days i feed her as well? What is a good amount to feed a gravid cham

When a chameleon is producing eggs, you want her to have enough food to produce good healthy eggs even if they are infertile...so that's not the time for her to be put on the "small clutch/no reproduction" diet. After she lays the eggs I feed the chameleon well for one or two feedings ONLY, then cut her back to keep the next clutch low or even stop production altogether. If the clutch is still too big, then cut her back a bit more the next time.

What kind of worms are you talking about?

When a chameleon is producing eggs, you want her to have enough food to produce good healthy eggs even if they are infertile...so that's not the time for her to be put on the "small clutch/no reproduction" diet. After she lays the eggs I feed the chameleon well for one or two feedings ONLY, then cut her back to keep the next clutch low or even stop production altogether. If the clutch is still too big, then cut her back a bit more the next time.

What kind of worms are you talking about?
Wait so i should be feeding her the same as i always do which is 3-4 superworms every other day? Your response confused me sorry and i feed her a mix of superworms and dubias.

Back
Top Bottom