Gold bands and spots

You should be feeding her every other day, cut back on the worms, they are more of a treat. Over feeding her will produce a large clutch size and is very taxing on her. Abnormally large clutches lead to an early death.

I don’t remember what part of the tomato creates the problem but I do know they are not recommended for a gutload. And since lettuce is mostly water your gutloading has done more harm than good. Buy and use cricket crack or bug burger.

You should be using calcium dust at every feeding, not once a week. I’m not familiar with the brand your using, can you post a pic of all the labels so I can verify this is correct?

If her urates are orange and yellow then she isn’t getting enough water. You will have to find a way to up her intake, I recommend installing a Mistking, worth every penny. You can also start feeding her hornworms as they have a large water content.

Cage is WAY too small, should be 24”x24”x48”.

A permanent lay bin should be installed in her viv. It should be 12”x12”x12”. Fill it with clean play sand and add water until it has the same moisture content as the sand you would use to build a sandcastle at the beach. The sand should hold a tunnel when dug in.

You should be feeding her every other day, cut back on the worms, they are more of a treat. Over feeding her will produce a large clutch size and is very taxing on her. Abnormally large clutches lead to an early death.

I don’t remember what part of the tomato creates the problem but I do know they are not recommended for a gutload. And since lettuce is mostly water your gutloading has done more harm than good. Buy and use cricket crack or bug burger.

You should be using calcium dust at every feeding, not once a week. I’m not familiar with the brand your using, can you post a pic of all the labels so I can verify this is correct?

If her urates are orange and yellow then she isn’t getting enough water. You will have to find a way to up her intake, I recommend installing a Mistking, worth every penny. You can also start feeding her hornworms as they have a large water content.

Cage is WAY too small, should be 24”x24”x48”.

A permanent lay bin should be installed in her viv. It should be 12”x12”x12”. Fill it with clean play sand and add water until it has the same moisture content as the sand you would use to build a sandcastle at the beach. The sand should hold a tunnel when dug in.
About feeding her every other day. I know people say to feed them everyday as children and as they get bigger they get fed every other day. As for the water I have a dripper but because of the metal mesh top I cant get the pipe through. I bought the cage she has for the first cage and they’re quite expensive so I don’t have enough money right now. I was going to move her into a bigger cage in March next year so I know she’s not going to get stressed. Any recommendations on good cages that are a good size?

“As for the water I have a dripper but because of the metal mesh top I cant get the pipe through.“

Every viv has a screen top. This is not an acceptable reason for your Cham to be dehydrated. Either poke a tight hole in the screen and slide the hose through or just let it drip through the screen. What kind of dripper do you have? Pic of dripper and top of the viv please.

I bought the cage she has for the first cage and they’re quite expensive so I don’t have enough money right now. I was going to move her into a bigger cage in March next year so I know she’s not going to get stressed. Any recommendations on good cages that are a good size?
Everything about chameleons is very expensive. March is not acceptable and I’m going to respectfully leave it at that. I told you in my previous post how big of a cage you need. I just bought one in June to house my hatchlings, this is the minimum required for an adult:Cheaper option:
34ED5675-3F0E-4D62-BECE-3835C5DAA228.png
B97BD9E7-46CA-437D-8022-8FC5BAB5A5BC.png

You should also upgrade your lighting to a linear model. CFL UVBs are not very effective. Just go straight to the 22-24 inch models since your viv is going to be upgraded.
155203FF-2A61-4148-9D37-DA7B1598F717.png
61F16197-59D2-4FCC-B86A-C50CA6303C91.png

Temps- I’m converting these to Fahrenheit and then back to Celsius so they may bee off a bit...

Basking spot- 35c = 95f this is to hot should never go above 90f(32.2c). I’d prefer to never see it go above 85f(29.4c) since she is a female. Nighttime temp is ok but could be cooler.

Back
Top Bottom