Going to bed early

WesOakley

Hello to my fellow Cham enthusiasts!

My Panther Donny has recently started going to bed early and is asleep by about 6:30.

I live in the UK and currently it gets dark outside at around 5:30-6PM. His heat+uvb have always been on an 8AM-8PM on/off cycle.

His enclosure is a customised (for UK climate) extra large reptibreeze, see image attached.

The enclosure is next to my bedroom window. Do you think he can see its dark outside and takes himself to bed?

I have attached an image of the tank.

Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated :D

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 83
Hi JanJan,

thank you for your response.

It’s hard to say really because he takes himself to the back where it’s dark.

Take now for instance, it’s 17:46pm. He is in his spot eyes open. But I’m sure if I got up in 30mins to hour he will be asleep.

So I set mine 7 to 7 and adjust it to 8 to 8 in the spring/summer. I feel like chams have a pretty keen sense of the sun and time, seems pretty normal with what your saying. What are you using for supplements? How often?

So I set mine 7 to 7 and adjust it to 8 to 8 in the spring/summer. I feel like chams have a pretty keen sense of the sun and time, seems pretty normal with what your saying. What are you using for supplements? How often?
Thank you for your response, he gets his calcium with every feed and then on sundays he gets reptivite with D3.
I feel confident after reading the responses that he is okay, my room gets darker with the day light so thinking it’s down the that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 63
Thank you for your response, he gets his calcium with every feed and then on sundays he gets reptivite with D3.
I feel confident after reading the responses that he is okay, my room gets darker with the day light so thinking it’s down the that.
Reptivite with D3 should only be given 2 times a month... So every other week at one feeding. Then calcium without D3 at all other feedings.

QUOTE="Beman, post: 1640944, member: 54198"]
Reptivite with D3 should only be given 2 times a month... So every other week at one feeding. Then calcium without D3 at all other feedings.
[/QUOTE]
Just typing this! Lol🤣 Too quick😋

The enclosure is next to my bedroom window. Do you think he can see its dark outside and takes himself to bed?
Yup.

I looked up sunrise and sunset times at solstices & equinoxes for my locality, split the difference to find local "noon" and set my timers for 6 hrs before & after. Coincidentally, it came out to 6am & 6pm.

I'll have to double-check, but IIRC, I won't even have to worry about a DST adjustment.

Yup.

I looked up sunrise and sunset times at solstices & equinoxes for my locality, split the difference to find local "noon" and set my timers for 6 hrs before & after. Coincidentally, it came out to 6am & 6pm.

I'll have to double-check, but IIRC, I won't even have to worry about a DST adjustment.
You need to post pics of your chameleon, as I’m anxiously waiting on them!

Hi my girl gets settled a couple of hours before lights out she's not sleeping (just watching the cabins i think ) but yeah just finding a nice safe spot to shut down for the night. But you could post pictures and fill out a husbandry form just too see if anything is going on

Back
Top Bottom