Going outside?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Should I go with my veiled chameleon sometimes in my yard to let him walk on grass or small trees or there is no need for that or thats even a bad idea or good idea? I dont know if he can escape and disappear somehow.

They can and do escape sometimes. Natural sunlight is a good thing if temperatures are good. Use a small cage or mesh laundry hamper to prevent escapes. Otherwise don't take your eyes off of them for a second.

just keep an eye on them when they are outside, you wouldn't want a bird getting your cham or the neighbor hood cat lol , I like to bring mine out in the morning after they ate for about a half hour or more at times . natural sun is the best it gets :) the sun is less harsh in the morning and late after noon so those are the best times to bring them out unless you have a uvb meter and you know exactly what the uv index is looking like . you can google uv index in your area , that would give you an idea of when to bring them out .

I let my chams out daily.. theres no substitute for true sun. That said, they are surprisingly fast when they want to be and can climb things you'd never expect. I give mine fairy constant supervision, but I also let them explore SOME. I'm never far away though.

20200205_163251.jpg

This is one of my males climbing the stainless handrail for my pool stairs. He went towards it and I thought for sure he wouldn't be able to grip it well enough to climb... obviously I was wrong. This guy is a pro screen climber as well...

I let my chams out daily.. theres no substitute for true sun. That said, they are surprisingly fast when they want to be and can climb things you'd never expect. I give mine fairy constant supervision, but I also let them explore SOME. I'm never far away though.

View attachment 258962

This is one of my males climbing the stainless handrail for my pool stairs. He went towards it and I thought for sure he wouldn't be able to grip it well enough to climb... obviously I was wrong. This guy is a pro screen climber as well...
Spidercham

Back
Top Bottom