Going from small cage to big cage

Going from a 16x16 to a 24x24 soon and need to know how to upgrade the lighting.

Right now in the 16x16 cage i have a 14" Reptisun Hood that holds the 12" 10.0 UBV bulb and ALSO a regular basking light lamp with a 35 watt warm bulb.

When going to larger size, what hood and uvb bulb do i need AND what basking light do i need to go to?

Want to make sure the new large cage has enough coverage.

Thank you!

Lol if its only 35 watts... is it even a basking light?:LOL::ROFLMAO:
40Watts was plenty for my jax...

But generaly it's better to use a higher wattage lamp and hang it further away because you will create a bigger heated area/gradient and less of a chance on making a hotspot.

If your uvb lamp is next to your baskingbulb there's no urgency upgrading it since the animal will get uvb when basking anyways. If you use a combolight for a reptile you're essentially doing the same. (Not that combolights are a prefered option for a chameleon).

Just to clarify, your basking bulb is only 35 watts?

Yes, 35 Watts as it gets to 91-95 Degrees in the closest spot at the top of cage. I am quoting from the resource page here: Generally a 40 or 60 watt bulb is appropriate. It should be a white light bulb. Do you have another recommendation?

If your basking spot reaches that temp, then no. I was just concerned if it was warm enough, I run a 75 watt basking or 50 watt halogen bulb and can never get above 85.

Back
Top Bottom