Godzilla is digging??? Help???

chris1985

Godzilla - male ambilobe panther chameleon (6 months old)

I have soil (coco block) in the bottom of my enclosure. I know this is not ideal but am going to change it soon.

He has started to dig holes at the front of the tank, looks like he is trying to find a way out?

Is this normal??

Also his feces are quite small and he seems to be struggling to get them out? Can chameleons get constipation??

I dont think he has ate any of the soil

45 x 45 x 60cm high?

Guys in the shop told me this would last him for 12 months? doesnt look like its going to.

My Female Veiled sometimes tries hard to push and feces out. Make sure he's got enough moisture in his diet. Apart from spraying and making sure he has a contstant source of fresh water, you will need to feed him greens etc. Try feeding him some grapes cut in half! My Vieled loves 'em and they provide alot of moisture at the same time! ;)

he has alos started to sneeze/snort. Is this normal????

seems to do it more when i refuse to pick him up and get him out when he is clawing at the glass.

Mine does aswell! Not too sure why he does it but yeh she snorts sometimes. Maybe a sign that she's a bit nervous or distressed! I don't normally handle her for long periods of time especially this time of year as it's cold. I've read many stories of chams scratching at glass and trying to get out! Mine does it too! Maybe just a little confused and thinks she can get somewhere outside of the tank. Like I said I feed mine grapes, she loves 'em but you can feed other greens. Mine's eaten carrot, tomato, and grapes. I put some in the cricket / locust pot aswell for them to eat so they are gut loaded for when your cham eats them! This gives your cham and extra helping of vit c etc! ;)

45 x 45 x 60cm high?

Guys in the shop told me this would last him for 12 months? doesnt look like its going to.

starting to get way too small for him. he needs a big boy cage now.
and yes, he will get mad if you don't take him out and let him explore.

Harry

45 x 45 x 60cm high?

I wouldn't trust the shop owners! To think they have to know everything about every pet! Surely they do not know everything about every pet!! Refer to this forum and books. ;)

If you could fill out the "How to ask for help" form that might help, and also images as well.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. and if you can post a picture as well.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

I have yet to see a panther that will eat greens or fruit. Veileds will but not panthers. You can try to maybe trick into eatting some by putting slivers of carrot or apples or strawberry in the feeding cup in your tank. When he shoot at a crick he will possibly pick up some fruits and veggies also. But just to feed them fruits or veggies, good luck with that one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom