Gnats?

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've had a few of what I believe to be gnats in my enclosure, which I assume came from the live potted plants I have in there. Is it something I should be worried about? It hasnt been a huge amount, only one or two. Pesto honestly seems to love having them in there to chase around the enclosure, but I dont want to just leave it if it could cause problems to his health. Thoughts?
(Yes Camo, I know I'm babying him, leave me alone :LOL:)

I was cleaning out my enclosure this weekend and noticed after pulling up the rocks on top of the plant that the knats are down in the soil. What can I spray on the soil that is safe that will kill the gnats and not hurt the plant or my cham?

I was cleaning out my enclosure this weekend and noticed after pulling up the rocks on top of the plant that the knats are down in the soil. What can I spray on the soil that is safe that will kill the gnats and not hurt the plant or my cham?

Nematodes for fungus gnats.

I just don't look under the rocks... I go with the what I don't know is a good thing approach in this situation :hilarious:

Lol. I’m the opposite. I’m strangely fascinated with checking out the clean up crew in my bioactive tanks.

Yeah mine is not bioactive though... So if I were to find anything I would run screaming.

My Cham cages aren’t bio active although I would love to make the into bioactive one day but my last 2 attempts went horribly wrong. My anole tanks are bioactive though and doing great.

My Cham cages aren’t bio active although I would love to make the into bioactive one day but my last 2 attempts went horribly wrong. My anole tanks are bioactive though and doing great.
I can't handle the tiny itty bitty CUC. creeps me out like a lot lol. I think they are amazing though. I love what I have seen others do with theirs.

I just don't look under the rocks... I go with the what I don't know is a good thing approach in this situation :hilarious:
Yeah, I have a few plants with rocks in it on my balcony that I am going to use for his outdoor "free range", i definitely am not a fan of sticking my finger in there to feel if they need watered

Yeah, I have a few plants with rocks in it on my balcony that I am going to use for his outdoor "free range", i definitely am not a fan of sticking my finger in there to feel if they need watered

AF7744AB-DB3A-4AC4-A28A-0FA2FF4195E6.png

LOL I just saw your post and I was like oops sorry Beman there was another brand of the same type of thing on Amazon, but was like $2 more
Like where is the love here...Sharing is caring.. Don't ya know :hilarious: Tell me how well they work then I will buy some. :p

Back
Top Bottom