Glutton

Highway61

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've had Larry in my care now for a year and half, got him as a 3 month old. I've always kept his feeder active with Dubias (his staple) and rarely ever saw him help himself. Until now. Does he look too robust? Time to restrict the buffet?

1672764178049.png
1672764199672.png

I have a very similar feeding cup from FT , I am wondering if your dubias climb it? We just got it and haven’t installed it yet but the paper that came along said dubias did not climb really well in there try a different roach ( I can’t remember which they recommend )

The dubias don't escape but crickets do. My cham has become such a glutton recently that he'll walk up to the feeder and help himself to all crickets I throw in there so they that fixes that :)

He looks healthy to me... But as mentioned time to reduce feedings to every other day so he does not get fat.

Trust, you do not want a Chunky Cham. I adopted the chunkiest guy on the block. He made me feel like he was bullying me for feeders. Before I found Cf, I was feeding him everyday, as much as he would eat in 15 minutes. After I decreased his feeders, he began begging for food! Broke my heart ❤️ not being able to give him feeders. Then he started being grumpier than usual. On non-feeding days he gets a ton of exercise looking for feeders. He hikes the entire enclosure several times. 🤣I no longer feel bullied and he knows I'm in complete control of his feeders. Also, he now eats the Money Tree leaves which should be good for digestive health.🤣

Trust, you do not want a Chunky Cham. I adopted the chunkiest guy on the block. He made me feel like he was bullying me for feeders. Before I found Cf, I was feeding him everyday, as much as he would eat in 15 minutes. After I decreased his feeders, he began begging for food! Broke my heart ❤️ not being able to give him feeders. Then he started being grumpier than usual. On non-feeding days he gets a ton of exercise looking for feeders. He hikes the entire enclosure several times. 🤣I no longer feel bullied and he knows I'm in complete control of his feeders. Also, he now eats the Money Tree leaves which should be good for digestive health.🤣

You have a Vield or Panther? Although my boy is surrounded by lively greens I've never seen him graze.

Dubia is his staple and up until now, there have always been a surplus of them available in the feeder. However, it's only when I throw some crickets in there will he immediately make a b-line for the feeder. I don't know if I've ever witnessed him doing this with dubia. And what's weird is I can randomly at anytime he's awake, place a roach on a vine and he'll take it immediately. He moves fast when he wants to.

You have a Vield or Panther? Although my boy is surrounded by lively greens I've never seen him graze.

Dubia is his staple and up until now, there have always been a surplus of them available in the feeder. However, it's only when I throw some crickets in there will he immediately make a b-line for the feeder. I don't know if I've ever witnessed him doing this with dubia. And what's weird is I can randomly at anytime he's awake, place a roach on a vine and he'll take it immediately. He moves fast when he wants to.
🤣. Carmelo is a 2 1/2 year old Veiled. I adopted him in October 22'. Crickets are his staple. He hates Dubia. Initally, he was really secretive about drinking, pooping, and grazing. Now, he just don't care who's watching. He let's it all hang out. After I clean the enclosure, 5 minutes later pooping. While I'm watching. He turns into a T-Rex when grazing on the Money Tree. I added a dripper and he was there for the drinking.

Back
Top Bottom