Globifer news!

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
897AAB8B-4F5B-46E4-90C4-AC470BD7AF6E.jpeg
A315ADBD-8EF8-454F-9270-517F0A555791.jpeg

The rarest captive bred chameleon in the US?

Here’s a baby Calumma globifer I hatched out 9/28/22. This is the culmination of a Globifer project I’ve had going on for 6 years.

This was not an easy thing to accomplish. These chameleons are rarely seen in captivity as there is no export quota for them. I acquired a pair of babies in 2016 and have trying to successfully breed them for the last 3 years. I nearly lost my female several times but managed to pull her back from the brink. She had a couple infertile clutches, had trouble laying and retained eggs twice. Through a very diligent effort I was able to get all the eggs out and saved her. She also had some bad mouth infection’s which is common with this species if they are kept too warm. She is the toughest chameleon I’ve ever had and a real trooper!

In 2016 19 were imported and I have the only pair of these left in the US. There has been a learning curve and there have been some stumbles along the way but I’m beyond happy to have gotten to this point.

I included a picture of the baby and father.

🤙

View attachment 329613View attachment 329614The rarest captive bred chameleon in the US?

Here’s a baby Calumma globifer I hatched out 9/28/22. This is the culmination of a Globifer project I’ve had going on for 6 years.

This was not an easy thing to accomplish. These chameleons are rarely seen in captivity as there is no export quota for them. I acquired a pair of babies in 2016 and have trying to successfully breed them for the last 3 years. I nearly lost my female several times but managed to pull her back from the brink. She had a couple infertile clutches, had trouble laying and retained eggs twice. Through a very diligent effort I was able to get all the eggs out and saved her. She also had some bad mouth infection’s which is common with this species if they are kept too warm. She is the toughest chameleon I’ve ever had and a real trooper!

In 2016 19 were imported and I have the only pair of these left in the US. There has been a learning curve and there have been some stumbles along the way but I’m beyond happy to have gotten to this point.

I included a picture of the baby and father.

🤙
Congratulations on a successful hatching! Dad is quite a looker and baby is adorable. Can't wait to see more pics in the future.

Cute baby! Handsome chameleon! Congratulations!!!
Definitely not easy chameleons to get fertile eggs from in my limited experience with them.

I had a pair many years ago. They both lived quite a few years inspite of being WC . It was the male I had trouble with though, and the female did well. She only produced one clutch of infertile eggs though when I had them sadly.

How many eggs/hatchlings do you have?

Old not to great photo of my pair from long ago...
https://www.adcham.com/images/images-species/C.globifer/glob.jpg

Last edited:
Cute baby! Handsome chameleon! Congratulations!!!
Definitely not easy chameleons to get fertile eggs from in my limited experience with them.

I had a pair many years ago. They both lived quite a few years inspite of being WC . It was the male I had trouble with though, and the female did well. She only produced one clutch of infertile eggs though when I had them sadly.

How many eggs/hatchlings do you have?
2 babies so far. I think there are 12-13 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom