Gliders

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
Check out Gizmo. You turn your back for half a second and the little bugger is knee deep in the honey jar. Flew out of the cage and made a bee-line for the sweet stuff lol. Here's muma with the little ones hanging off. Can't imagine it's too comfortable anymore. She will be kicking them off any day now.

Attachments

• 100_1852.JPG
    100_1852.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_1853.JPG
    100_1853.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_1855.JPG
    100_1855.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_2520.JPG
    100_2520.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 171
I love gliders so much. Question off the topic though, do you find them to have quite the smell? I use to have a few of them. But we kept them in a heated garage so the smell was not in the house. I'd like to get another one but not unless i can figure out how to control the smell..

That's awesome. Nice looking glider. I think I might let my gals get a little honey tonight.

I have females and I don't think they really smell if maintained and fed good. They do have a distinct smell though, no doubt about that.

I find that it is the male that smells most. When mating the male will mark everything he comes in contact with. Cage walls, (I keep them in a 260 gallon reptarium) other females, toys, ropes and their branches. That can smell. Once the females are pregnant and he is over the gotta get some mode they don't smell as bad. They should be cleaned often to cut back on smell. It also helps to have a pouch for each day of the week. They poop and pee where they sleep so if you swap pouches every day there is very little smell. Take a damp cloth and wipe them down individually every couple days, they don't like it that much.....but it helps.

in order to reduce the smell you have to thoroughly clean the cage frequently. i dont find m/f cages smelling any different.

I had 3 females at first for months and no smell. As soon as I got my male he wouldn't stop marking everything. That is when I noticed the smell. It was within 2 days of the male arriving.

A mixture of fruits and vegetables, sometimes fresh, sometimes blended. They love crickets and superworms.....just about any bugs. They are pretty cool. The look just like a flying squirrel in the air. They have a very thin piece of skin that runs from the front foot to the back. They use this on both sides to glide. It's really neat to see them stretch it or take the leap of faith.

Back
Top Bottom