Glass Terrariums

Relax man, everything's going to be alright...

OP may not know the DS will be offering vivarium configurations. Not sure what I left out of the "full story". Lol you say my pros aren't really pros and then you agreed some of my pros are pros... I actually didn't identify any characteristic I listed as a pro or a con. But yes, I think less heat retention can be a pro in certain situations. And I've never seen a Protean in some of the DS atrium sizes.

I haven't seen anyone actually ask OP where they live, what their indoor ambient conditions are, if they want to go bioactive, what their experience level is (or how much margin of error they want), how much they're willing to spend on a cage, if they care about bakers rack sizing, etc.

Side note are you taking about cork bark tiles like from Zoo Med, or sheets you can get for tack board or insulation purposes? I just saw some 1" thick cork insulation sheets at Grainger for cheap.

Relax man, everything's going to be alright...

OP may not know the DS will be offering vivarium configurations. Not sure what I left out of the "full story". Lol you say my pros aren't really pros and then you agreed some of my pros are pros... I actually didn't identify any characteristic I listed as a pro or a con. But yes, I think less heat retention can be a pro in certain situations. And I've never seen a Protean in some of the DS atrium sizes.

I haven't seen anyone actually ask OP where they live, what their indoor ambient conditions are, if they want to go bioactive, what their experience level is (or how much margin of error they want), how much they're willing to spend on a cage, if they care about bakers rack sizing, etc.

Side note are you taking about cork bark tiles like from Zoo Med, or sheets you can get for tack board or insulation purposes? I just saw some 1" thick cork insulation sheets at Grainger for cheap.

Protean offers wider cages than Atriums, but ya nothing I don't think 30inch wide, closest to that would be Exoterra 36x18x36. Which I too prefer the 30x18x30, bout to make racks those dimensions myself.

Ya, the bark panels, Exoterra and the like make. The pin board type or insulation ones are fine too, I just prefer the natural look of the bark.

It does get might expensive though. My 4x2x4, was 300 dollars in cork panels.

I like that YouTuber Serpadesign he uses the cocofiber sheet stuff, they sell for making planters. That will hold more water, and it kind of looks like a bunch of twigs. If the whole wall is to be green that works great. It's cheap which is good. I'm going to do some Bug Vivs over the next couple weeks with that stuff.

I like the fern panels too, but those are insanely expensive. And not renewable if that matters to you.

Really depends on cage size. For a Atrium sizing, I had an idea. Of doing 3 panels per, the side walls get the 18s. And the back gets 2 18s. It's easier to do this size as you only have 1 seam to worry about in the middle, which you can cover with a Cork round split in half and hide thermoters, humidstats and stuff in there, or whatever.

Rounds split in half, and siliconed down would look best, but take up more room and cost alot more.

Back
Top Bottom