GIANT MASOALA!!

Hi folks! I was able to get this giant and gorgeous Masoala last week! It is by far the biggest Panther Chameleon i have seen! He makes my other adult male look how my female look right next to them! Extremly big! I have attached some photos of him! Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

Wow I swear, with so many gorgeous Chams, I had no idea just how addictive this would become lol.
Oh man it is very very addictive! Ill tell you this.. i used to be a bodybuilder wich is one of the most addictive "sports" out there.. used to workout 6 days e week and eat 6-7 times a day plus spending all my money in gear and food. Ever since i started with my Chameleons that has dropped down to 2 to 3 days workouts per week and 3 meals a day. Now my time and energy is more focused on my little Chamsss taking good care of then and learbing how to do so its a huge investment not just $$$ but some serious time!!

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Oh man it is very very addictive! Ill tell you this.. i used to be a bodybuilder wich is one of the most addictive "sports" out there.. used to workout 6 days e week and eat 6-7 times a day plus spending all my money in gear and food. Ever since i started with my Chameleons that has dropped down to 2 to 3 days workouts per week and 3 meals a day. Now my time and energy is more focused on my little Chamsss taking good care of then and learbing how to do so its a huge investment not just $$$ but some serious time!!
I can relate with this. I was never a bodybuilder, but serious lifter and got into mma/boxing for a few years. Used to spend every free minute I had towards eating/cooking, training, or reading about what I could do better. I tend to obsess and go all in with things. Had some health problems slow me down and my wife will be having a baby soon so I got thrown off that kind of commitment, but now it's changed to cham keeping.

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yes sir! I believe that. Haha have a question how hard is to keep a Parson as pet? Is it the same as a Panther Chameleon?
It depends, I have a CH parson's but I hear WC can be very difficult. A lot don't have success with the WC's. They do not handle change well. An enclosure change, or setting change seems to put them in a funk for a few weeks IME. They can be picky eaters, get huge, need a large variety of large feeders when they're older, tons of water, montane requirements, and brumate during winter months.

I'd say with proper research, a huge space(most keepers have them in custom small room sized enclosures, tons of water(mine gets around an hour of misting a day), and some good outside time that they're not too difficult. It's like keeping a montane chameleon, but just everything you need is more and larger.

I love his color! Beautiful!
Yes im very impressed to be honest i bought it without seeing nice pictures of him, he was dark grey when they showed it to me thru whatsapp photos so i decided to flip the coin and buy it. I has was about to shed on this photos, right now he is trowing all the shed away and looks even more brighter and impressive ill post a couple pics once he is fibally done to see how he looks like when fresh!

It depends, I have a CH parson's but I hear WC can be very difficult. A lot don't have success with the WC's. They do not handle change well. An enclosure change, or setting change seems to put them in a funk for a few weeks IME. They can be picky eaters, get huge, need a large variety of large feeders when they're older, tons of water, montane requirements, and brumate during winter months.

I'd say with proper research, a huge space(most keepers have them in custom small room sized enclosures, tons of water(mine gets around an hour of misting a day), and some good outside time that they're not too difficult. It's like keeping a montane chameleon, but just everything you need is more and larger.
2lbs is really impressive!! is your parson really weight 900g??

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
2lbs is really impressive!! is your parson really weight 900g??
No, no... mine is still young lol. I was just saying that as a general statement. Though there are OE's that have reached ~900grams if I remember correctly. YL's are usually larger from what I hear, so I doubt that's too uncommon for them.

Top Bottom