Giant green banana roaches

Nemesis

Avid Member
Anyone know where i can get these types of roaches? I tried looking for caresheets as well but i haven't found any. Thinking about switching from dubia to green banana roaches

@jamest0o0 ive read the green banana roaches mostly eat banana and apple. Is this accurate? That said are they a good staple for panthers? Or should I lean more towards a Dubia or cricket for easier gutloading?

@jamest0o0 ive read the green banana roaches mostly eat banana and apple. Is this accurate? That said are they a good staple for panthers? Or should I lean more towards a Dubia or cricket for easier gutloading?

IME they eat pretty much anything. Banana are loved by chameleons, however it would be almost impossible to use them as staples. They are too small, so you'd need to feed a lot. Meanwhile the adults do not live that long and they are the ones with the green color. They also can climb and fly fast making it hard to feed more than one at a time. They make great treats though. Their nymphs are also tiny and can't climb, would be good feeders for hatchling/young chameleons.

Great info! I am prepping for a juvenile that I don’t have yet. Trying to get ahead of the game on feeders and such. I’ve got flightless fruit fly cultures going. Going to order silkworm eggs around the time I receive him because I don’t want them getting bigger than he can handle before he arrives. But I’m trying to figure out a base to start a colony of that can also grow as he does. Any suggestions?

Great info! I am prepping for a juvenile that I don’t have yet. Trying to get ahead of the game on feeders and such. I’ve got flightless fruit fly cultures going. Going to order silkworm eggs around the time I receive him because I don’t want them getting bigger than he can handle before he arrives. But I’m trying to figure out a base to start a colony of that can also grow as he does. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't bother with fruit flies for a juvenile. They grow so fast and can handle larger prey. Doesn't hurt if you want to though!

There's so many options for colonies. For roaches, if you just want 1 for now. I like discoids and orangeheads for species that are active, but can't climb. Of course you could always go with other blaberus like craniifer/peruvians/fusca/etc if you really like them. They're more active than dubia, but can't climb or fly. Red runners are great too, but they freak a lot of people out.

Tons of good climbing species out there too, but they can be difficult to cup feed for obvious reasons.

Hmm i should track the linage. Back then only 2 people had them, roachcrossings, and me.

That'd make sense. The person mine came from traded with Kyle from roach crossing pretty regularly I believe and has been in the hobby for a very long time. Those guys put my bug lord status to shame lol.

Back
Top Bottom