Giant Fischer's Chameleon, Malachite

CNorton

Avid Member
ponders traded her veteran male named Malachite for one of my babies...a son of his. All the babies and pics are at this thread; The Copulation.

Here's Mal this weekend. I caught him greeting a lady, but evidently not impressed.

a6d8b118.jpg

2d739c9b.jpg

47c3b0f4.jpg

8120aa2e.jpg

66659f95.jpg

8df3511c.jpg

If you aren't familiar with this species, they are amazing! Much bigger than other Fischer's Chameleons, Giant Fischer's have amazingly long tails, brilliant colors, and awesome personalities.

Read up!

Their Natural Climate

Handsome Male- Dresden

From Breeding to Hatching

Bella - Female Giant Fischer's

Alba & Malachite

Todnedo's Giant Fischer's

Honestly Malachite's colors take awhile to start coming out in spring.

Dresden is more brilliant year round.

Also, I have babies for sale. Shoot me a PM of you're interested.

Thanks for posting pictures Chad!! Malachite is looking great as is Alba. It is always a treat to see pictures of this species since you don't see them often. Anyone that gets a offspring of this lovely guy are lucky!! How many adults do you know of in the US right now? 4-5 total? I would have to think at this point they are more rare than parsonii. And CBB offspring quite a bit more rare than CB parsonii. You have done an amazing job with this species you should be proud of your efforts!!
I hope someday to have one or so residing in my basement ;)

Last edited:
If you aren't familiar with this species, they are amazing! Much bigger than other Fischer's Chameleons, Giant Fischer's have amazingly long tails, brilliant colors, and awesome personalities.

Plus they have big beefy Popeye arms! LOL

Chad, he looks good! Kind of dreary in color, but I'm sure he'll brighten up once he's outside more. His baby is doing great, eating and growing. Hard to find in his ficus though!

Malachite is the great father. He is getting close to 6 years, I believe! Ponders is the one to ask, maybe she'll chime in!

Malachite is the great father. He is getting close to 6 years, I believe! Ponders is the one to ask, maybe she'll chime in!

From as slow as this baby is growing, Malachite must have been older than 1 year when I got him from Fl Chams. They estimated him at 1 year, he was fully grown and acclimated when I got him, he's gained weight, but his rostral process never grew. So I'm thinking he's closer to 7:confused:

Back
Top Bottom