Ghosts? (for Eltortu)

jojackson

Im not sure if I can really say 'I beleive in ghosts' But I have had encounters outside the norm and my perspective is that rather than hovering spirits of the dead, 'ghosts' are merely echos of life that occasionally occure for whatever reason.
Sometimes perhaps, they are non physical manifestations of the subconcious minds of the living.
Many poulterguists cases have been extensively investigated by those with such inclination, and found to be the result of some traumatic exprrience of a living person, often one experiencing the so called 'haunting', sometimes the 'hauntings' have followed the peson and only after undergoing hypnosis therapy did the 'hauntings, including things physically moving etc, stop.
Just a few thoughts.

Dude you beat me to the thread! I am going to sleep - I'll try at least thinking back of what we heard and saw- so I'll tell you tomorrow, nite nite...

Ah! Spooky. I hate scary movies. I rarely watch them. I don't believe in the paranormal. It keeps me sane IMO.

Ok, insomnia strikes So ill tell you about the house we lived in when I was 13.
It was just a small brick home, probably atleast 60-80 yrs old from its style. Fireplaces in the livingroom and bedrooms, nothing particularly creepy about it at all, though it was dark inside having small old fashioned windows and no skylights.
It sat among a row of similar houses on an average street in my hometown in rural NSW.
When we moved in, the girls got first pick of bedrooms then my older brother got the next best. I got a built on annex at the back of the house with a sink!
It had been where the elderly owners live in carer had lived until he died some years before. The house was rented for several years before we moved in.

One room down the hall on the left did have a strangely foreboding feel about it, we dubbed this, 'the spooky room', It was my eldest sisters. It had this little service window
onto the kitchen, that my sister covered with a curtain. This was almost opposite my room, toward the back of the house.

After a few months we began to notice odd things, nothing much at first, an odd draught down the central hallway, an unexplained stain or dampness on a wall or floor in the bathroom, and occasionly a whiff of perfume or something similar out of nowhere.
Nobody thought much about them until things changed in the second winter there.

Because the loungeroom (livingroom) had no internal door, in order to keep heat in the room, a blanket was hung over the door, trailing to about 6 inches from the floor.
One night while watching tv, My aunt (who was my guardian) noticed the toes of a pair of boots under the blanket, and assuming it was my older brother in his work boots, asked him what he doing.
There was no reply and she called him by name teling him to come in and stop mucking about, at this point we all look over and the boots dissapear.
I go and pull back the blanket expecting a trick and the hallway is empty, phil is not yet home from work and nowhere in the house! He came home an hour or so later.
Ofcourse this started the expected talk of spooks and laughing suggestions we had a casper.

A week or so later, my sister starts screaming at me to get out of her room, she's in the kitchen and she sees the service window curtain moving inside. meanwhile Im in the bathroom protesting my innocence, and the three go in to find the room empty and the window closed. It got worse.
A few nights later, when we were all in bed for the night, my brother gets up with the sh*ts because he can hear a noise, turns on his light and finds nothing.
A while later he swears loudly, jumps up and turns his light on and leaves it on.
This wakes me because like the living room, the internal door to this room (which was once the back door) ajoins my annex room and also has a blanket through which phils light is shining.
So I get up and go In and ask what hes swearing about, he says 'shhhh, listen'
And we sit there on his bed and within minutes comes the sounds of laboured breathing and snoring. Nobody else in the room and its nearby yet not anywhere. Very freaky.

Within a week of that more annoying things began to happen, such as the dissappearance of things and their later reappearance elsewhere, for which no responsibility was claimed by any of us. These things included my Aunts glasses, sisters jewlery and my electronic game that turned up inside that boarded up fireplace in the spooky room that we had never opened. (more about that later).

I had a habit of listening to a small transister radio by my bedside while I read before going to bed. I never left it on because Id end up thumped by my brother.
A few mornings in a row, I got hassled by my sister who complained about the radio late at night. naturally I protested my innocence, but It recurred, and on the fourth night, my sister decided I doing it somehow, so her, myself and phil go into his room, phil turns off the radio, turns off the light and comes back.
We sat on his bed and began a card game , the idea being, if it went on, we'd catch out the culprit. After almost half hour, with no sound, the radio suddenly came on playing talk back radio abc, all by itself. Phil goes in, plays with the radio, makes sure its off and removes the battery and comes back.
While we're all busy talking about it and blaming each other, the radio comes back on .
We go and see and theres a creepy feel to the room, and the radio is playing and its battery, which phil had left on my sink, is back in the back of it.
These things sparked lots of talk but for the most part were an amusement of sorts, though we were admittedly freaked out.

In the following days and weeks, the tap in the sink would turn itself at random, day or night, sometimes a trickle, sometimes running,sometimes the toilet flushed by itself and my other sister complained of a scratching noise at night behind the fireplace in her room (the spooky room), so because it was at night, we all thought it was probably a rat, it was an old house afterall, So phil being the man of the house, pulls the boards off her fireplace and discovers my electronic game in the dust and ash, making the sounds.
This fireplace was boarded up when we moved in and had never been opened.
I was happy because I was the cool kid at school with Electronic game and it had been missing for weeks.

The final strange and frightening thing happened late one night, about 6 months before we moved. We were all bed, and in this town it was as dead as anything so late, rarely any cars in our street.
This horrendous screaming, like a terrified woman, suddenly erupted in the hallway, and we all rush out thinking our aunt was hurt or something, and In the dark of the hallway
this odd cloud of bright smokey light seems to seep through the backdoor from outside, and race up the hall overhead and vanish through the front door, accompanied by this screaming that abruptly cut off with the light.

This even gave my no nonsense Aunt the heeby jeebies, we were all shaken.
None of us were able to find a cause for it or source of the scream or the light.
I have no idea still exactly what it was, but I expect as I said earlier, sometimes certain events reverberate as 'echos' of life in a place, perhaps in some way shadows of the living get trapped long after the the living have died or moved away.
I think they are simply frightening because they are inexplicable to us.

Many would claim our house was as haunted as all hell, but I dont really think so, These things didnt happen all the time, months went by sometimes where nothing at all out of the ordinary was seen ,heard or felt. *shrugs* :)

Last edited:
People three or four blocks down the street from where I lived moved out of their house because they were sure it was haunted. Rocking chair rocked in the middle of the night, things moved around, etc. Anyone else who has moved into that house since has not had a problem.

I'd have been out of your house in a flash, jo!

Ok, insomnia strikes So ill tell you about the house we lived in when I was 13.
It was just a small brick home, probably atleast 60-80 yrs old from its style. Fireplaces in the livingroom and bedrooms, nothing particularly creepy about it at all, though it was dark inside having small old fashioned windows and no skylights.
It sat among a row of similar houses on an average street in my hometown in rural NSW.
When we moved in, the girls got first pick of bedrooms then my older brother got the next best. I got a built on annex at the back of the house with a sink!
It had been where the elderly owners live in carer had lived until he died some years before. The house was rented for several years before we moved in.

One room down the hall on the left did have a strangely foreboding feel about it, we dubbed this, 'the spooky room', It was my eldest sisters. It had this little service window
onto the kitchen, that my sister covered with a curtain. This was almost opposite my room, toward the back of the house.

After a few months we began to notice odd things, nothing much at first, an odd draught down the central hallway, an unexplained stain or dampness on a wall or floor in the bathroom, and occasionly a whiff of perfume or something similar out of nowhere.
Nobody thought much about them until things changed in the second winter there.

Because the loungeroom (livingroom) had no internal door, in order to keep heat in the room, a blanket was hung over the door, trailing to about 6 inches from the floor.
One night while watching tv, My aunt (who was my guardian) noticed the toes of a pair of boots under the blanket, and assuming it was my older brother in his work boots, asked him what he doing.
There was no reply and she called him by name teling him to come in and stop mucking about, at this point we all look over and the boots dissapear.
I go and pull back the blanket expecting a trick and the hallway is empty, phil is not yet home from work and nowhere in the house! He came home an hour or so later.
Ofcourse this started the expected talk of spooks and laughing suggestions we had a casper.

A week or so later, my sister starts screaming at me to get out of her room, she's in the kitchen and she sees the service window curtain moving inside. meanwhile Im in the bathroom protesting my innocence, and the three go in to find the room empty and the window closed. It got worse.
A few nights later, when we were all in bed for the night, my brother gets up with the sh*ts because he can hear a noise, turns on his light and finds nothing.
A while later he swears loudly, jumps up and turns his light on and leaves it on.
This wakes me because like the living room, the internal door to this room (which was once the back door) ajoins my annex room and also has a blanket through which phils light is shining.
So I get up and go In and ask what hes swearing about, he says 'shhhh, listen'
And we sit there on his bed and within minutes comes the sounds of laboured breathing and snoring. Nobody else in the room and its nearby yet not anywhere. Very freaky.

Within a week of that more annoying things began to happen, such as the dissappearance of things and their later reappearance elsewhere, for which no responsibility was claimed by any of us. These things included my Aunts glasses, sisters jewlery and my electronic game that turned up inside that boarded up fireplace in the spooky room that we had never opened. (more about that later).

I had a habit of listening to a small transister radio by my bedside while I read before going to bed. I never left it on because Id end up thumped by my brother.
A few mornings in a row, I got hassled by my sister who complained about the radio late at night. naturally I protested my innocence, but It recurred, and on the fourth night, my sister decided I doing it somehow, so her, myself and phil go into his room, phil turns off the radio, turns off the light and comes back.
We sat on his bed and began a card game , the idea being, if it went on, we'd catch out the culprit. After almost half hour, with no sound, the radio suddenly came on playing talk back radio abc, all by itself. Phil goes in, plays with the radio, makes sure its off and removes the battery and comes back.
While we're all busy talking about it and blaming each other, the radio comes back on .
We go and see and theres a creepy feel to the room, and the radio is playing and its battery, which phil had left on my sink, is back in the back of it.
These things sparked lots of talk but for the most part were an amusement of sorts, though we were admittedly freaked out.

In the following days and weeks, the tap in the sink would turn itself at random, day or night, sometimes a trickle, sometimes running,sometimes the toilet flushed by itself and my other sister complained of a scratching noise at night behind the fireplace in her room (the spooky room), so because it was at night, we all thought it was probably a rat, it was an old house afterall, So phil being the man of the house, pulls the boards off her fireplace and discovers my electronic game in the dust and ash, making the sounds.
This fireplace was boarded up when we moved in and had never been opened.
I was happy because I was the cool kid at school with Electronic game and it had been missing for weeks.

The final strange and frightening thing happened late one night, about 6 months before we moved. We were all bed, and in this town it was as dead as anything so late, rarely any cars in our street.
This horrendous screaming, like a terrified woman, suddenly erupted in the hallway, and we all rush out thinking our aunt was hurt or something, and In the dark of the hallway
this odd cloud of bright smokey light seems to seep through the backdoor from outside, and race up the hall overhead and vanish through the front door, accompanied by this screaming that abruptly cut off with the light.

This even gave my no nonsense Aunt the heeby jeebies, we were all shaken.
None of us were able to find a cause for it or source of the scream or the light.
I have no idea still exactly what it was, but I expect as I said earlier, sometimes certain events reverberate as 'echos' of life in a place, perhaps in some way shadows of the living get trapped long after the the living have died or moved away.
I think they are simply frightening because they are inexplicable to us.

Many would claim our house was as haunted as all hell, but I dont really think so, These things didnt happen all the time, months went by sometimes where nothing at all out of the ordinary was seen ,heard or felt. *shrugs* :)

Okay that was a freaky ass story. Midway I had to turn the light on in my computer room. I'm scared now and I have to go to bed. :(:eek::(

interesting Jo, i am for one a believer of the paranormal and uneplained phenomenon

who knows what if the environment itself records history of extreme/ traumatic events.

it seems those as though the house itself had an "old routine" and abruptly stopped by that frightening and shocking event...

but i bet you wouldnt play the jwigi board in that house:D

but what if their are ghosts? actual spirits, therir have been cases of dogs and cat ghosts and within more research around the area of such sites were dead sometimes mummified bodies of the animals...

as far as human spirits, what if it just the plain spirit without the mind and the body, therefore they have no conscious but rather emotions or repeating history???

then their is beyond human and animal

poltergeist are probably more common

and finally the most frightening but very questioned is demonic spirits and possessions

anyone up for the "exorcsim" :p

Interesting Insight Ace, maybe sometimes our memorys take on a life of their own!
~Sinister voice~
"They do in a certain unfamiliar place, a place not unlike our own, A little darker and not as brightly lit!
You have crossed over to.... *Cue theme*,.... The twilight Zone!"
"Do do, do do, do do do do!" :D
6259.jpg

I'll tell you what Mate, I often didn't want to sleep I can assure you,

~Sinister voice~
"I used to Sit up all night with the tv on silent Just for company,
Listening intently in the dark and creepy stillness of the room, for the
faintest whisper above the beating of my own heart and the hairs on
the back of my neck standing straight up, Sweating, watching.....waiting!"

Oh God I wanna direct a horror movie before I die! :D

LOL @ Melric Too! They're out there dude, watching, and waiting for you to fall asleep! :D

Last edited:
So, here is mine. Years ago, at Easter weekend my friends and I went camping to a river campground a couple of hours from where we lived. Even though we got there early in the morning, the place was already full of people setting up camp, so we decided to walk up the river to find a quieter spot. As we walked we started to notice the tree tops were full of leaves therefore was darker on the ground. About two hours later we came up to a weird wooden structure that had three - windowless - openings and a door, about 4ft tall and maybe 3ft sides. As we were examining this we realized we had walk a lot and it was time to set up camp. Now the river was flowing clear to one side of the valley and about 30 yards from the structure, but as we started to walk we heard something like horses or cattle running, but softer that made my friend Miguel stop a say, I will never forget the expression on his face, "Did you hear that?" As we stood still to hear anything, something...nothing. No wind, or birds or the water on the river could be heard...then a chilling howling that as we were turning around to pinpoint the location of the sound, it was obvious was all around us. My buddy Mauricio said, "Look, straight up!" I turn around to see what he was seeing and between the trees I saw a tall brown shade appearing moving away from our position but could not tell if it was touching the ground. One the guys started to freak the fuck out and started to run so we stopped him, because the last thing you want to do is run away from whatever was there and became prey. We started to walk fast, back to where the main campground was and we camped right between this trailers for "protection", or maybe just company, because we were fucking scared. That night we could not sleep, not because most of the campers were a bunch of loud hippies, but because we tried to make sense of what we heard and saw. And for the wooden structure was gone...one the guys pointed out, because he tried to hide in there. We will never forget that event.

I'm on the fence about anything supernatural like this. The scientist in me has read all about how they've done tests with people in a sound-proof box and with different [electromagnetic?] waves and triggered their brains into seeing, hearing, and feeling lots of really freaky things. So they speculate that haunted houses are just set on particularly active areas of ground. But I've had a couple freaky things happen to me too, so I'm on the fence just a little bit.

I've been awakened in the middle of the night and seen a small floating glowy red mass hovering near my bed. I thought it was my sleepy eyes playing a trick on me so I swated at it and it started spazzing around the room, flying in zig-zags and circles near the ceiling. I was like woooooah and just covered my head with the covers again LOL <---- braveheart right here lol. I had a couple other small occurances at this house with similar things, waking up in the middle of the night and seeing things.

And at one particular friend's house I kept seeing a woman out of the corner of my eye, dozens of times. Just this brunette woman in a dress standing in hallways or at doorways. I stopped sleeping over after a while.

Scream 4 actress Neve Campbell says she knows ghosts exist..

NEVE Campbell, who plays the endangered heroine Sidney Prescott in Wes Craven's "Scream" movie series, says she knows ghost exist.

"A few years ago I moved into a haunted house in Laurel Canyon, Los Angeles, with some friends," Campbell told Mail on Sunday in the UK.
It turned out that it was inhabited by the ghost of a woman who had been murdered there in 1991. Doors would repeatedly slam, windows would open and ashtrays would fly off dressers.
Then there were times when the ghost would actually walk into the room. After a while it felt normal. I'd pass her in the hallway and casually wish her good morning."

After a 10-year break Campbell, now 37, returns as Prescott in Scream 4, which is released in Australia on Thursday.

Then there were times when the ghost would actually walk into the room. After a while it felt normal. I'd pass her in the hallway and casually wish her good morning."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...Campbell-I-know-ghosts-exist-I-lived-one.html

Back
Top Bottom