Getting rid of bugs

Uri

Avid Member
So many of my roaches and crickets have outgrown my chameleon and I don’t plan on breeding them as I only have one Cham. I have a fresh shipment of more insects arriving these next few days but how do you all get rid of your overgrown insects? Do you just squish them with your foot or throw them in a plastic bag and then throw them in the trash or what???

Hi squishing them would be a waste do you have any friends or family that could use them or put them in a container for birds 🐦
I don’t have any of those and my bird feeder broke in our last thunderstorm plus I’m a little wary on that due to summer coming up and the risk of invasive species. Crickets well I don’t want loud sounds at night around my house I think that’s understandable and my neighbors will not be too kind to roaches roaming around their yards if they do get out

So many of my roaches and crickets have outgrown my chameleon and I don’t plan on breeding them as I only have one Cham. I have a fresh shipment of more insects arriving these next few days but how do you all get rid of your overgrown insects? Do you just squish them with your foot or throw them in a plastic bag and then throw them in the trash or what???
I put them in a dirty feeding cup in a plastic bag and toss them in the freezer before disposing of them.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I only do that when I'm not breeding that species or have multiple chameleons (don't want to cross contaminate, just in case)!

Back
Top Bottom