Getting ready to install Mistking, shower curtain?

birdieluv

Getting ready to install a Mistking for my veiled. She is in a screen cage. I purchased a shower curtain to put around her cage. but I'm not sure how to do it so it's not an eyesore in the dining room.

Any ideas?

Terry

You might see if you even need a curtain before you put it up. I had one nozzle in the upper left corner of my 24x24x48 cage. Angled slightly down and out, I did not have any overspray issues.

I use a clear shower curtain and wrap it around the back of the cage and the left side of the cage. I used wire and pulled it through the cage and the O rings in the shower curtain to attach it to the cage and then put some tape over that to secure it a little more. Then I just cut the shower curtain to the size of the cage. I did this before I got the mistking because I would drench the wall behind the cage with water when using the hand mister. But now like Lathis said with the mist king I'm not sure if the curtain is necessary cause the mistking puts out such a fine mist I dont know if it would even reach the wall now. But I leave it there just in case cause I'm a renter.

Ditto, I had a curtain up when I was hand misting since I made a mess. And the curtain was less than desirable appearance wise. The mistking had a much more controlled spray range. It only took a few minutes (and a few facefuls of water, haha) to get it adjusted.

Fair warning, every once in a while, my cham will move the nozzle :D

Thanks everyone! Alice is in the Zoo Med ReptiBreeze Open Air Screen Cage, Medium, 16 x 16 x 30-Inches. She was a baby when I got her and she's growing by leaps and bounds. When I hand mist her, I know I get some overspray, but not too much. I'll try to get the shower curtain around her cage somewhat, and try just the back and one side.

I ordered the Reptarium Soft Tray from lllreptile and I can probably tuck the bottom edges of the curtain into the tray.

Terry

I have everything set up for the Mistking, but it doesn't appear to be working. The pump comes on, but no water is coming out. I double checked my ins and outs and everything is according to the diagram. I didn't hook it to the mist head yet, just wanted to make sure the pump was primed. It doesn't appear to be primed. I've tried making the water higher than the pump and lower than the pump. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Does the pump have to be higher?

I've emailed Mistking support. :confused:

I have everything set up for the Mistking, but it doesn't appear to be working. The pump comes on, but no water is coming out. I double checked my ins and outs and everything is according to the diagram. I didn't hook it to the mist head yet, just wanted to make sure the pump was primed. It doesn't appear to be primed. I've tried making the water higher than the pump and lower than the pump. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Does the pump have to be higher?

I've emailed Mistking support. :confused:

NEVER MIND! I got it working! Just had to get the water reservoir higher to get the pump primed.

Back
Top Bottom