Getting ready for a new enclosure

mj ellerby

Hi! This is my first post, but I've read so much for the past few months and love all the helpful advice so here goes: I adopted my cham from my son who could no longer care for him about 3 months ago. I estimate Gus to be close to 10 months old based on when my son got him. Although Gus has warmed up to me and will tong feed and doesn't mind me hand misting, he has never let me hold him or take him out of his enclosure. Now I am getting ready to move him within the next few weeks into his new, larger enclosure and I am wondering how to safely accomplish this if he won't let me handle him. I've thought about opening the doors on both enclosures and pushing them up to each other in hopes that he will be curious enough to check out the new space, but I'd really appreciate any other ideas anyone has found that worked. Thanks!!

To me that actually sounds like a great idea. He will most likely be scared to enter the other enclosure at first but if there is enough foliage for cover he might just be curious enough to eventually wander in there! My little guy is very curious about the new stuff I add to his enclosure. Possibly you can put some crickets in the new enclosure and he may go over there to feed. Good luck!

To me that actually sounds like a great idea. He will most likely be scared to enter the other enclosure at first but if there is enough foliage for cover he might just be curious enough to eventually wander in there! My little guy is very curious about the new stuff I add to his enclosure. Possibly you can put some crickets in the new enclosure and he may go over there to feed. Good luck!
I hadn't thought about tempting him with food. That's a good idea as long as they don't escape first!:)

Back
Top Bottom