Getting new Cham & Enclosure ...

Sooo as some of you know I made a purchase earlier on a new baby boy and should be getting him in a few days 😁. I already have a boy (Ares) whose just around the 6 month mark that I've had since he was 3 months old (he was such a little thing when I got him lol). He was pretty much raised in a 18x18x36 screen cage but as of late he's gotten a little big for it and i upgraded to a Dragonstrand Hybrid 2x2x4. I honestly LOVE the cage especially compared to what he just came from and don't really have any complaints so far (except the door can be somewhat annoying). Obviously it goes for a good chunk of change but seems like all nice enclosures do! I haven't seen my new little guy in person yet but I figure it won't be before long he'll be ready for a new/bigger home also. I'm not rich but if you all tell me Dragonstrand is pretty much the best in everyone's experience then ill just go that route again lol. I've never owned anything like Zen Habitats or TamuraDesigns. I do on the other hand know Bill Strand and he seems very knowledgeable etc when it comes to this stuff. I know i could buy a Reptibteeze 2x2x4 for around 120 on Amazon but then by the time you put 50$ Dragonledges you're almost in that cage $200 and not sure the quality is all there ... Any advice, opinions, or two cents would be much appreciated LOL🤔

(This is my Dragonstrand I put together 2 weeks ago)

Attachments

• 20210816_172721.jpg
    20210816_172721.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210812_153420.jpg
    20210812_153420.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 121
Like what @Sonny13 said if you can’t afford it then go with DS also you mentioned with RB your at the $200 mark after buying DS ledges. So you pretty much 2/3 the way there in price. I have purchased 12 DS nursery cages. Because I have done the nursery bins and the small Exo Terra Reptile cages. The DS brand seems to be the best investment.

I'm in a similar boat I've wanted a large atrium for my chameleon for some time however the $500 price tag has kept me away.
I've done some customization to the dragon breeze XL which I was able to find for $99 at a local pet store it definitely doesn't hold up to water as well as the dragons strands however for the significantly reduced price I feel that it does suit my needs. The cage has hand and mistking going off regularly and hasn't degraded or rusted much. I have a second reptibreeze outside and that has gotten a bit of rust.

The zoomed /reptibreeze can be built up and become quite luxurious vs a bare bones screen cage if you want to go all out you can. The savings on the ds allowed me to do purchase more plants and materials for my build. I had about a dozen plans potted using dragon ledges and great stuff.

Im tempted to do the same reptibreeze build in the future to save the 300$.

Even as someone pushing the merit of the cheeper screen cage I still want a large atrium and I feel like it's a worthy investment if you have the funds go for the dragon strand.

So I have had reptibreeze, DIY cages brand, and Dragon strand. With DS I have had his hybrid 2x2x4, hybrid large atrium, and a medium tall atrium which I modified as it was my first one that I got two and a half years ago. This one I converted to a hybrid. What I will say is that I am a firm believer in Bill's products. They hold up extremely well. One thing I love about my DS is the easy drip drain pan. Beman was an avid screen climber until I clearsided his door. He fell one day from the top of the door panel down to the bottom of the cage. About 3 feet. But due to the screen that covers the drip pan he bounced instead of slamming into the pan. He was not injured and the only reason was the screen on the bottom that Bill includes. With both of them they would unscrew on their own.

I hated the reptibreeze and the DIY. Became rather frustrating. Also the reptibreeze rusts.

Personally I do not like the Zen Habitats. Tamura designs are very interesting. I love the ease of cleaning with that one. BUT I do worry about the small amount of ventilation especially if you have the side plates in. My other concern in getting one of his, is that Beman is all over his dang cage and this includes the floor. I would be concerned about him getting down into the drain pan of the cage.

I have contemplated building one. But I think I would end up spending just as much as I would for a large atrium lol.

So I have had reptibreeze, DIY cages brand, and Dragon strand. With DS I have had his hybrid 2x2x4, hybrid large atrium, and a medium tall atrium which I modified as it was my first one that I got two and a half years ago. This one I converted to a hybrid. What I will say is that I am a firm believer in Bill's products. They hold up extremely well. One thing I love about my DS is the easy drip drain pan. Beman was an avid screen climber until I clearsided his door. He fell one day from the top of the door panel down to the bottom of the cage. About 3 feet. But due to the screen that covers the drip pan he bounced instead of slamming into the pan. He was not injured and the only reason was the screen on the bottom that Bill includes. With both of them they would unscrew on their own.

I hated the reptibreeze and the DIY. Became rather frustrating. Also the reptibreeze rusts.

Personally I do not like the Zen Habitats. Tamura designs are very interesting. I love the ease of cleaning with that one. BUT I do worry about the small amount of ventilation especially if you have the side plates in. My other concern in getting one of his, is that Beman is all over his dang cage and this includes the floor. I would be concerned about him getting down into the drain pan of the cage.

I have contemplated building one. But I think I would end up spending just as much as I would for a large atrium lol.
Thank you @Beman !! That's literally the message I needed 😂 . My large hybrid from DS is AMAZING so far! I've only had it about 2 weeks but so far I've been amazed at how good it looks and the quality. Zen's deff seemed cheaper and Tamura seems really interesting... but I live in FL with high humidity so not sure how the glass sides without a chimney effect would work. I think I'm gonna go ahead a make my purchase so I'll have my boys new home by mid next month! Thank you all for the reassurance 💪🏻

Thank you @Beman !! That's literally the message I needed 😂 . My large hybrid from DS is AMAZING so far! I've only had it about 2 weeks but so far I've been amazed at how good it looks and the quality. Zen's deff seemed cheaper and Tamura seems really interesting... but I live in FL with high humidity so not sure how the glass sides without a chimney effect would work. I think I'm gonna go ahead a make my purchase so I'll have my boys new home by mid next month! Thank you all for the reassurance 💪🏻
Anytime.. :)

Back
Top Bottom