Getting my Chameleon soon!

groki21

Hey all, I just recently ordered my veiled chameleon after about a couple months of researching. I am one of those people that over-prepare so I have everything needed. I have:
16x15x20 reptibreeze
18"reptisun 5.0
20"light fixture
8.5" dome w/ 60watt daybulb w/ dimmer
2 gallon pressure pump mist bottle
large drippper
Multivitamin, vitd3, calcium w/o d3
twisty vine to create basking spot, also have an infared temp gun for temps

The last thing I need to get is the live plant. Which I want an umbrella plant or a pothos, its all down to which one lowes or homedepot has. Any last minute tips would be appreaciated and I want to say I've learned a ton from this site in such a short time, thanks

i love veileds i also like their multi personality. mine are nice when feeding any other time when i rearrange their cage or take them out they throw big tantrums and my big boy holds a grudge for several days after. they are awesome pets but if you want something that seems a little more chill to holding and not stressing out i'd say jackson or fischers or even panthers my little girl pandora is an absolute sweetheart. but good luck sounds and looks like you got everything that you need post pics so we can check up the set up and your new little joy.

That enclosure is too big, and you forgot the water fall and pointy sharp substrate.and Also a water dish a small shiny one chameleons will only drink water if the dish is shiny. Also make sure to pick up some bacon for the little guys I ear chameleons love bacon.:D

The dimmer is definitely needed its connected to the heat lamp. On full-on you will have a very very very burnt chameleon.

Right bulb, wrong bulb doesnt matter at the basking area after the dimmer dims I'm in the right temp ranges and with the stronger bulb it emits a good amount of heat with minimal light.

lol i'll make sure i have bacon on hand. And a venus flytrap for the enclosure. And i'll feed him flies feeding off of steaming poo also lol. I put the dripper on top of your enclosure

slicedbread:are you serious or being funny?? i hope only the later of the two,if not wow..do some research please:) this person was asking for advice to make sure they had everything that was nessesary to keeping a cham healthy and happy.it sounds to me like everything is in order..all should be fine with the items they have and the tons of research he/she has put into play PRIOR to getting this chameleon:) good luck with your new cham when you get it:D its such an exciting time:D

Yup Totally Joking as you can see Groki21 says he put the dripper on the top of MY cage. He's my brother. I btw have a healthy baby panther.

slicedbread: its so hard to tell who is joking and who is not lol..wish we had some kind of" slanted text "to use in this situation to let all know we are joking :) it takes awhile to get to know someone on here and understand their unique personallities and sense of humour ;) i hope you werent offended by my post,it wasnt my intentions k :) have a happy day :D

slicedbread: its so hard to tell who is joking and who is not lol..wish we had some kind of" slanted text "to use in this situation to let all know we are joking :) it takes awhile to get to know someone on here and understand their unique personallities and sense of humour ;) i hope you werent offended by my post,it wasnt my intentions k :) have a happy day :D
hey its no biggy I understand totally

That enclosure is too big, and you forgot the water fall and pointy sharp substrate.and Also a water dish a small shiny one chameleons will only drink water if the dish is shiny. Also make sure to pick up some bacon for the little guys I ear chameleons love bacon.:D

I think we have some strong sarcasm going here, that or a creature that lives under bridges and requires travelers to answer 3 riddles before passing...

Back
Top Bottom