Getting friendly

Scottsquatch

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know there is a huge debate about chams having affection with owners and what not and this post isn't to debate whether thats true or not. I just want to share a recent behavior in my panther. If my son or wife get close his cage he will either display, run, or hide. If either of them open the door he displays and/or hisses. You could say that he is not very fond of them.
However when I come to his cage he comes right to the door. If I open the door he cruises right up my arm and sits on my shoulder. He is also huge on eating out of my hand. Almost to the point of it being a necessity. He seems to be more comfortable with my hand than his feeder.
Now, I'm not saying he has any kind of bond with me, but he clearly trusts me and associates me with good things. Take it however you want. Either way, I think its kinda cool.

I really wish mine was like that, She's only interested in me if a have food. Or If she's in a decent mood. But most of the time it's " ' hhhhiiissss squawk', turn around walk away." Sometimes I can hold her but she doesn't love it. It's kinda too bad, she was fairly nice at first, but I'm going to chalk that up to stress. In the first one she noticed me and in the second she started to walk away. This was day two. I'm one month in and doing okay.

Last edited:
I really wish mine was like that, She's only interested in me if a have food. Or If she's in a decent mood. But most of the time it's " ' hhhhiiissss squawk', turn around walk away." Sometimes I can hold her but she doesn't love it. It's kinda too bad, she was fairly nice at first, but I'm going to chalk that up to stress. In the first pic she had just noticed me, and in the second she started to walk away.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 87
I really wish mine was like that, She's only interested in me if a have food. Or If she's in a decent mood. But most of the time it's " ' hhhhiiissss squawk', turn around walk away." Sometimes I can hold her but she doesn't love it. It's kinda too bad, she was fairly nice at first, but I'm going to chalk that up to stress. In the first one she noticed me and in the second she started to walk away. This was day two. I'm one month in and doing okay.

Keep working with her and she will come around.

You're "the keeper of the worms", so that's why he likes you. Try to get your family involved in hand feeding, and he should at least tolerate them, too. Congrats on gaining his trust!

Back
Top Bottom