Getting dragonstrand!!

Ponyboy

Here's my current setup and I am looking for recommendations on which dragonstrand enclosure to purchase with these plants, plus a 42" focus I've been growing :)

I have very good gradients up and down the enclosure to include humidity gradients and of course temperature gradients.

If possible I would greatly appreciate any of you guys with pothos, camellia, ficus, and Arbricola setups and a dragonstrand cage, to post pictures so I can learn as much as possible about a proper husbandry for Mohammed before I actually purchase the cage. I know, I'm asking a lot but I promise I'll pay it forward!!

Love the community and I can't stress enough how AMAZING our only dedicated podcast "chameleon breeders podcast" is as a resource for becoming better hobbyists, and learning more about our favorite creatures. (Great release today about the South African species!)

Thanks in advance!

Steven

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 152
I just got the 24x24x48 clear side enclosure. I posted a video of it if you wanna see how well they come together,truly exceptional.

I'm going with the breeder for a few reasons:

My climate is incredibly dry, and I worry about losing humidity.

I'll be sitting mine in a recessed area meant for a hutch, so I dont need visibility on the sides.

I plan on using "great stuff" foam on the sides and back in conjunction with live plants, cork bark and bromeliads.

And I love supporting small business! Zoomed has enough money, I'll be happier giving my hard earned dollars to mr.strand.

Probably the larger the better honestly! I have a feeling that I'll be upgrading my guy to their large atrium cage once he's full grown. Right now he's only 7 grams and he's in what is recommended as minimum for a full grown Veiled, 24x24x48, and he uses the entire cage throughout the day. I'd really like to allow him that same range of movement when he's larger.

Also, setting up cages is really fun and more space means more interesting choices for setting things up. :D Pothos just grow and grow, so it'll have no problem filling the space of whatever cage you get.

This is my Dragon Strand cage... I just got it. I got two Large Breeder cages for my Rudis Chameleons.

I also bought four extra dragon ledges. I had to ask Bill to send me the white ones to match the cage. The ones you order online are black. The bottom ledges were too high for my liking. So I put a set lower then put a small wooden shelf to put my potted plants on. It works great.

Then I put that fake wire vine so that they can crawl all the way down to get crickets if they want.

These cages are great. Easy to clean because the whole bottom is empty so I just wipe it out.

I also use the metal bathroom shower hooks to hang the plants and planters from and to hang their feeder cup from the vine at feeding time. Shower hooks are great !

The overall front size is 48" x 48" so even with the sides and back plastic there is plenty of air flow because of the large front area.

What do you think?

lUQODR.jpg

Oh man I love that setup!!!! Absolutely love it!!! Which cage exactly is that? That's the one I'm looking for!!

Oh man I love that setup!!!! Absolutely love it!!! Which cage exactly is that? That's the one I'm looking for!!

This is actually Two Large Breeder cages side by side. They are on a large bakers rack on wheels so I can roll it out to clean around and under if I need to.

If you go to the Dragon Strand website and look at the Breeder cages.... these are the large ones.

They are still new so the plants haven't filled in yet, but soon the plants should be hanging all over.

Yeah I'm trying to find the exact cage size that I looking for. I haven't found a breeder cage from dragonstrand big enough for what I'm looking for. What's the biggest size bill sells?

Back
Top Bottom