Getting abit worried ;/

Steven Davies

Both my male and female Veiled are just over 5 months old , iv had them since they were 12 weeks old. Up until about a week and a half ago my male Bert would eat everything i put in front of him. This all stopped when he got his for look at Esme our female for the first time in about a month and a half and went nearly jet black ( not a happy chappy ).

Since this ( i think ) hes been off his food, the last week and a half hes not eating hardly anything compared to what he was eating , i offer him Meal worms, Morio worms , locusts , crickets and as a little treat a wax worm or two. Ill be lucky if i can get him to eat more than a wax worm and maybe 1 or 2 crickets a day but not even that much today :(

Hes still really bright in color and is still active he still comes to the front of his Viv when he sees me so he can run up my arm , all his Temps are correct but hes just not eating anywhere near as much as he once did. Iv tried Avipro Plus with still no a vale.

I know they eat less often when they are older so could this be apart of this ? any advice and help would be great as i couldn't bare losing the little guy.

Esme can still eat for England though lol

each side of my room so about 14 feet apart , he can only see the side of her Viv witch is wooden at the sides he cant see her but im guessing he knows she lives there. Do you think his not wanting to eat is part of being able to even just see her Viv ? i could angle his Viv so he cant if thats the case...

I think they're around a year old before they start slowing their food intake. It could be his age, as in a Cham teen and after seeing the female the once he may just have one thing on his mind ;)
Keep offering the variety of food and I hope he eats more soon.
Kath.

Force Feed

What you can do is force feed your chameleon....To do this just simply rub your chameleons food on his bottom lip and he will eventually eat it. When you are doing this however make shu're on of you fingers is on his back to prevent him from getting away. Make shu're you are gentle though. :)

Another way to force feed is mashed up food and the use of a syringe. Have a vet take a look at your Cham, and they can easily show you how to feed him with a syringe.

My Male sometimes just does not eat. When he does this I will go to offering food every other day. This works sometimes, other times I will mix it up, offer every day for a few then every other day some times I might wait three days. When they don't know a set day or time that you are going to feed then they eat when they are fed. (not knowing when the next meal will be has a way of making it more important to eat when the food is there.)
As long as he is eating I would not try to force feed, that should be a last resort and only for a sick cham. As long as he is drinking water going a few days without food is not always a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom