Getting a new lizard, please help

Liamt63

Okay so I’ve just come on this website because I’m stuck and don’t know what to do, my female panther chameleon recently died unfortunately, and I’m wondering if I should get a new chameleon or an alternative but I don’t really know what other lizard I could get, I have others but I don’t know if the chameleons vivarium is the right type for any others, please help thank you//// I have attached pictures of what the enclosure looked like

Attachments

• 553C6238-E59C-4904-8877-8C27AE150386.png
    553C6238-E59C-4904-8877-8C27AE150386.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • 1D37B9A6-D88B-41A1-888F-A47FF1504523.png
    1D37B9A6-D88B-41A1-888F-A47FF1504523.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
I'm not sure if that was suitable for a chameleon. Looking at the pics it looks too small. You don't mention sizes or what lighting or heat you have for it. There is an awful lot that you need to know about any species, so you provide the best possible care. Simply asking what other reptile can I stick in that is a red flag to me.

No sign of any lay bin either for your recently deceased female.

I'm not sure if that was suitable for a chameleon. Looking at the pics it looks too small. You don't mention sizes or what lighting or heat you have for it. There is an awful lot that you need to know about any species, so you provide the best possible care. Simply asking what other reptile can I stick in that is a red flag to me.

No sign of any lay bin either for your recently deceased female.
I get what you mean, I didn’t really explain properly, I understand why you would think it’s a red flag and that I’m just looking to move on to another lizard without the proper research but I did my research on my panther chameleon and her laying bin was not in the picture, the enclosure is 4ft tall, 2ft wide and 2feet depth, the heating I had was a uv long bulb and a 100w 100 degrees faranheit, I had my chameleon for 4 years and she had the best life I could provide her with. I am just wondering what other reptile I could put in there and obviously I will make the adjustments required.

I get what you mean, I didn’t really explain properly, I understand why you would think it’s a red flag and that I’m just looking to move on to another lizard without the proper research but I did my research on my panther chameleon and her laying bin was not in the picture, the enclosure is 4ft tall, 2ft wide and 2feet depth, the heating I had was a uv long bulb and a 100w 100 degrees faranheit, I had my chameleon for 4 years and she had the best life I could provide her with. I am just wondering what other reptile I could put in there and obviously I will make the adjustments required.
Thanks for clarifying that. It doesn't appear anywhere near that size from the pics. 4 years is not too bad either so well done on that. You also understood why I had concerns.

Is it screen or glass? It's obviously suited to an arborial animal unless you can use it on it's side. That then puts other limitations on species that would suit.

Monkey tailed skinks would be awesome but they are too big for the enclosure. What about day gecko's? Gorgeous colours and not overly taxing?

Back
Top Bottom