getting a cham soon! does this grocery list have everything?

please check this grocery list to ensure that these brands are good! also to make sure i have everything i’ll need!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 97
You want a 5.0 UVB bulb not a 10.0.
You don't need the water crystals with the repashy bug burger or superload. Both of these are mixed with water so the bugs in turn get moisture.
Lizard lounger? If your talking about the hammocks then nope.
Instead of fake vines go out and collect real branches. As long as they are not from sap producing trees you can use them. These are better and safer for your cham.
You will need a hygrometer to check humidity levels.

please check this grocery list to ensure that these brands are good! also to make sure i have everything i’ll need!
Hi. Awesome that you’re planning ahead and your list looks pretty good. Just going to add my 2 cents though. No need for lizard lounger. Chams don’t use them like beardies do. Your uvb should be 5%, not 10%. Skip the fake plants...veileds eat their plants and can/will eat fake leaves & get impacted. Get an extra Pothos plant instead. You can scavenge for branches and sticks in your backyard. Just wash with something like Dawn dish soap, rinse well and dry. You may want to add a cheap clear shower curtain liner to not only keep your misting spray in but helps to maintain humidity. No need for a fancy humidifier...any cool mist one will do. In addition to commercial gut loads, add some fresh organic veggies and greens. Roaches are great feeders, but you’ll be wanting to add some variety. Feeder & gut load infographics attached.
26577225-A633-43FF-83EB-102B6FD58BED.jpeg
3E2B54E1-E3D9-491D-801C-40F3D2EC2FDC.jpeg

Oh and get the dimable clamp lamp that fluckers makes You want the one that is for up to 100watts... It will allow to dim down the bulb to get the right temp so your not having to swap out different wattage bulbs.

You want a 5.0 UVB bulb not a 10.0.
You don't need the water crystals with the repashy bug burger or superload. Both of these are mixed with water so the bugs in turn get moisture.
Lizard lounger? If your talking about the hammocks then nope.
Instead of fake vines go out and collect real branches. As long as they are not from sap producing trees you can use them. These are better and safer for your cham.
You will need a hygrometer to check humidity levels.
i really appreciate this!

Hi. Awesome that you’re planning ahead and your list looks pretty good. Just going to add my 2 cents though. No need for lizard lounger. Chams don’t use them like beardies do. Your uvb should be 5%, not 10%. Skip the fake plants...veileds eat their plants and can/will eat fake leaves & get impacted. Get an extra Pothos plant instead. You can scavenge for branches and sticks in your backyard. Just wash with something like Dawn dish soap, rinse well and dry. You may want to add a cheap clear shower curtain liner to not only keep your misting spray in but helps to maintain humidity. No need for a fancy humidifier...any cool mist one will do. In addition to commercial gut loads, add some fresh organic veggies and greens. Roaches are great feeders, but you’ll be wanting to add some variety. Feeder & gut load infographics attached.
View attachment 266363View attachment 266364
when i get the plants what should i wash them with and how?

Do you have a plan yet on how you’ll be attaching things and hanging your plants? Dragon ledges are awesome (Dragon Strand is a site sponsor). Another way is to create a framework or scaffolding using largish branches or dowels attached to the enclosure frame. If you do either of those, add black zip ties to your list.

when i get the plants what should i wash them with and how?
I just take them outside, remove them from the pot and wash as much dirt off the roots as I can and gently rub leaves with a dilute dishwashing soapy water and rinse very well. Report in organic soil. Is often recommended to cover the dirt around the plant with at least 1-2” river stones. Prevents your cham from eating the dirt.

Oh and get the dimable clamp lamp that fluckers makes You want the one that is for up to 100watts... It will allow to dim down the bulb to get the right temp so your not having to swap out different wattage bulbs.
what’s the best wattage for a basking lamp?

I just take them outside, remove them from the pot and wash as much dirt off the roots as I can and gently rub leaves with a dilute dishwashing soapy water and rinse very well. Report in organic soil. Is often recommended to cover the dirt around the plant with at least 1-2” river stones. Prevents your cham from eating the dirt.
thank you! should i just use a diluted solution of dawn dish soap and water?

Back
Top Bottom