genic mutation or BMD

DNA

I guess that it is genic mutation. coronet is hardness so it is not BMD. and there is not any sign else indicating MBD.

I'd say that was a typo (in the title too). Third time's the charm... I'm not a veiled person but I'm wondering if it's evidence of an injury when young.

not too sure on that, he still looks quite young, his limbs and mouth and eyes and his back seem to be very healthy. it could very well be a birth defect? and if it is, and all is healthy, i will say, your veiled has a gnarly super sweet one of a kind casque lol. but i hope all is well and he isnt hurt or suffering from anything.

not too sure on that, he still looks quite young, his limbs and mouth and eyes and his back seem to be very healthy. it could very well be a birth defect? and if it is, and all is healthy, i will say, your veiled has a gnarly super sweet one of a kind casque lol. but i hope all is well and he isnt hurt or suffering from anything.

Yes, anything indicate it is good boy but casque. and its casque is very straight, If its offspring can inherit this casque from it, I may get a new subspecies LOL

veileds that suffer from MBD get bent casques. They are gnarly looking and generally tip off to one side.

usually bent looking like free willy's fin lol. but this is just like.. coool looking. for real, again all my best wishes that it is nothing but a hereditary issue and nothing physically harmfull. then that would be an issue. but again he looks very healthy.

Looks like he's had a branch too close to the screen on top of his cage and has been touching the top over a long period of time to me. There is tissue damage on the top of the cranial fin, not just malformation of the fin itself. Both of these could result from not having enough clearance between the branch and the top of the terrarium.

Am I the only one who doesn't think he looks so healthy? He seems a little scrawny and maybe a little dehydrated. Retained sheds and an abnormal casque also suggest underlying problems to me.

I also don't really know what you are asking about. The casque is certainly not quite right. I would not breed this animal to find out if its genetic!

Am I the only one who doesn't think he looks so healthy? He seems a little scrawny and maybe a little dehydrated. Retained sheds and an abnormal casque also suggest underlying problems to me.

I also don't really know what you are asking about. The casque is certainly not quite right. I would not breed this animal to find out if its genetic!

have you asked the owner how long he's been shedding for? or how old he is. its clearly evident that the casque doesnt look right, but do any of us realy know what the cause of it is? clearly the owner is new to chams, he probably bought it like this. but i am trying not to assume anything.

clearly the owner is new to chams, he probably bought it like this. but i am trying not to assume anything.

I don't really understand how often is new to raise chameleon and how often belong to expert?
that one was bred by myself, it is only one to show odd casque among a numbers of Veiled I bred.

I feel Fluxlizard is possibly correct in that, Damage to top of casque. Be It a burn, or damage to the top now scarring.

Back
Top Bottom