General light and supplement questions

Countrygirl01

We’re currently finishing up building our ~2 month old piebald veiled’s enclosure. It’ll be screen on all sides except the bottom and back (plexiglass). I have a list of chameleon safe plants we’re hopefully going to get tomorrow and I need some help making sure I’m getting the correct lights and supplements. I’ve attached the UVB light we’re getting in a picture below, is this the right one? I’ve also attached the 2 supplements I was thinking about getting (there’s so many different opinions on the internet and this is our first Cham). Are these appropriate, do I need to add any others and what schedule should I follow? What kind of basking light is the best for them? And lastly, what water dripper is the best and do y’all recommend a fogger?

Attachments

• D6F6C5EF-5EC1-42DE-84E6-2664B5B4762B.jpeg
    D6F6C5EF-5EC1-42DE-84E6-2664B5B4762B.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 19333133-E6EE-4821-AF01-0F6146EB850D.jpeg
    19333133-E6EE-4821-AF01-0F6146EB850D.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DF8F6E1B-C2E4-4B7F-B8CB-12D3156F4DBC.jpeg
    DF8F6E1B-C2E4-4B7F-B8CB-12D3156F4DBC.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 60
We’re currently finishing up building our ~2 month old piebald veiled’s enclosure. It’ll be screen on all sides except the bottom and back (plexiglass). I have a list of chameleon safe plants we’re hopefully going to get tomorrow and I need some help making sure I’m getting the correct lights and supplements. I’ve attached the UVB light we’re getting in a picture below, is this the right one? I’ve also attached the 2 supplements I was thinking about getting (there’s so many different opinions on the internet and this is our first Cham). Are these appropriate, do I need to add any others and what schedule should I follow? What kind of basking light is the best for them? And lastly, what water dripper is the best and do y’all recommend a fogger?
We Also have Rep Cal herptivite multivitamin and Rep Cal phosphorus free calcium with vitamin D3 for our bearded dragon. Would either of these work along side of replace of if the kinds I have pictured?

You can use both the RepCal products, but the vitamin RepCal vitamin powder only has carotene (prOformed) vitamin A in it.
You would only use the RepCal phos free calcium twice a month lightly dusted in the insects...so you would still need a phos free calcium to use on the insects at all other feedings. You may also need a vitamin powder with prEformed vitamin A in it.

Many use Reptivite with D3 and prEformed vitamin A to use twice a month along with a phos free calcium powder for all other feedings.

I've never used repashy products because I kept chameleons for many years before they came out and just never changed when they did come out...so I'll let others tell you about them.

Do you not use a phos free calcium powder on your dragons at all feedings but 4 a month and then use the two RepCal products you have on the other 4 feedings?
What foods and insects do you feed your dragon?

Do you gutload/feed your insects properly?

You can use both the RepCal products, but the vitamin RepCal vitamin powder only has carotene (prOformed) vitamin A in it.
You would only use the RepCal phos free calcium twice a month lightly dusted in the insects...so you would still need a phos free calcium to use on the insects at all other feedings. You may also need a vitamin powder with prEformed vitamin A in it.

Many use Reptivite with D3 and prEformed vitamin A to use twice a month along with a phos free calcium powder for all other feedings.

I've never used repashy products because I kept chameleons for many years before they came out and just never changed when they did come out...so I'll let others tell you about them.

Do you not use a phos free calcium powder on your dragons at all feedings but 4 a month and then use the two RepCal products you have on the other 4 feedings?
What foods and insects do you feed your dragon?

Do you gutload/feed your insects properly?
Thank you for your information! We do use the Rep Cal phosphorus free calcium with D3 at every night feed for our dragon except for 3-4 times a month we’ll use the Rep Cal multivitamin instead. We gut load/ feed all our insects for both of them. Just wasn’t sure if I needed to use something different for the Chameleon since she’s built for a different environment than the dragon. I think I’m WAY overthinking a lot of it lol

How long have you been doing the supplementing that way for the dragon? Does it have UVB light? Do you have a photo of your dragon?

D3 more than twice a month for dragons or chameleons is too much IMHO when they are getting proper UVB. You may push them both into MBD or other health issues.

What do you gutload/feed the insects with.

Back
Top Bottom