Geico?

Funny how Americans hear a Brit accent and Assume its Aussie. :)
If you ever watch the movie 'real time' with randy quaid, his character the hitman is as close to an aussie accent as you get in a movie by an american actor (no idea why, its weird, but flawless as accents go!)

Incidently Meryl Streep sux with accents! :D

p.s probly Dave Kelly you heard.

The recent voice for the gecko is done by Jake Wood.
Now for the record, the Geico Gecko has been voiced by Kelsey Grammar (the stiff English accent), Richard Steven Horvitz (the voice in the Kung Fu Fighting spot), and Dave Kelly (the relaxed British-Aussie accent).

lol i see! thanks for the correction! i was a little thrown off because i do know that aussie accents have the suffix ending in the "ie" sound. I.e. Brekie (breakfast)

What the hell is in this stuff anyways?

vegemite+2.jpg

Cool! We went from geico to vegimite. I looked closely at the geico guy and a day gecko, but the geico guy has a pointy nose, while the day gecko has a really chubby nose. Maybe it's just me. Anyway... the only reason I brought anoles up was because I found 5 of them climbing a drainage pipe in my front yard, and I wanted to breed them REALLY, REALLY badly. Way too quick to catch though.:( I'll get them sooner or later.:rolleyes:

You do know that American Kraft are going to change the recipe so its more taste compatible? No more original vegemite :(

I just got back from Oz. They now have an additional version of vegemite that has cream cheese mixed into the original vegimite. The flavor is alot more mild but I'm sticking to the original. They had a contest to name it and the winning title was "I snack 2.0" people were outraged by the name that they recalled the jars with the i snack name, and are now in the process of renaming it because so many people complained about the new name.

Yup trader, I think just as many were Irked by the whole idea of making vegemite something else, full stop. Its such a fundamentally Aussy product, like apple pie in America?, theres hardly any kid here who's not familiar with it.
Way too many Aussy products dissappearing or being sold off imo.
Long live Aussy boot polish, toast just isnt toast without it! :D

Back
Top Bottom