Future Chameleon Cage

Hey everyone im needing some help and tonight im planning my next female veild chameleon cage. Please leave me t=what i need and once i saw someone on here i think was Malicious had a cage that was like with a bird ladder and a lot of plants and i loved the setup please if you have any comments leave a comment. Im planning im getting a 18x18x36 from LLLReptile

i have an extra cage that size my mom is urging me to get rid of, you can have it if you want it....ill see if i post pics of my cages so you can get ideas.

Here are two different and inexpensive ways to set up that size cage.
First, a gravid female Veild getting ready to lay....thats why the sheet is there.
P6010002.jpg

Now a female panther (who hasn't eaten her food yet)....thanks Ryan!
P6010003.jpg

It is the same size 18x18x36. The umbrella tree was $20. The lights, I can't remember. The bottom is lined with cardboard.

i line my bottoms with repti carpet, i change it frequently and its good because it keeps in humidity, and i provide both real and fake vines, expect for my oustalets cage...its au naturale :D

i line my bottoms with repti carpet, i change it frequently and its good because it keeps in humidity, and i provide both real and fake vines, expect for my oustalets cage...its au naturale :D

I would love to see pics of your Oustalets. Love their size!

Yes I have. I have one on the boy's cages. Those cages were just put side by side last month. I am hoping to be able to do that next month.:rolleyes:

OK update I bought a 24x24x36 for Clea and it will be coming next week. I am going to put a hibiscuis in there while i am waiting for my schafallara to grow a lto more. What else should i put in the cage to make it looks really good?

OK update I bought a 24x24x36 for Clea and it will be coming next week. I am going to put a hibiscuis in there while i am waiting for my schafallara to grow a lto more. What else should i put in the cage to make it looks really good?

Great! That is a big cage-get ready! Do you have a table to put it on? The trouble with the 24's is that it is hard to find something to put them on to catch excess water. All you need is vines, plenty of plants, and a laying bin.

:)

Yes i do i have to things to put it on. Either the dresser or this really nice table thing in the garage that i will put the cage on. Whichever one fits. Yes the laying bin will be in there for sure. Also 2 questions. For the backround your going to see my blue wall all the time and i don't want it to get wet when i spray. Should i keep a huge towel there? Also drainage. Anyone have good ideas for drainage like if i drill holes at the bottom and let it drip down in the bucket?

Yes i do i have to things to put it on. Either the dresser or this really nice table thing in the garage that i will put the cage on. Whichever one fits. Yes the laying bin will be in there for sure. Also 2 questions. For the backround your going to see my blue wall all the time and i don't want it to get wet when i spray. Should i keep a huge towel there? Also drainage. Anyone have good ideas for drainage like if i drill holes at the bottom and let it drip down in the bucket?

Get some plastic sheeting, cut a piece as large as the back of the cage-and hot glue it at each of the 4 corners of the back of the cage. If I had done that sooner I would not have to do major paint repair to my dining room wall. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom