Furcifer Pardalis (phanter chameleon) breeder in Tokyo 23 wards area.

pepezkakap

Hello All,

It has been super long time ago since I was here. I kept panther in 2012 but need to let them go due to internal family matter. Anyway, i am currently in Tokyo, Japan now.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with local breeder or pet shop or member who sells panther chameleon? Due to language issue, preferably English speaker.

I checked the forum, there is a member who seems from Japan but hasn't responded to my message. I found several pet shops online but when I checked they don't have any panther chameleon in stock nor they have any idea when next panther chameleon will come. I discovered from some of the pet shops that the staff doesn't seem know in detail about which locale of the panther chameleon they are selling.

Appreciate any input or advise.

Cheers,
Mario.

Hello All,

It has been super long time ago since I was here. I kept panther in 2012 but need to let them go due to internal family matter. Anyway, i am currently in Tokyo, Japan now.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with local breeder or pet shop or member who sells panther chameleon? Due to language issue, preferably English speaker.

I checked the forum, there is a member who seems from Japan but hasn't responded to my message. I found several pet shops online but when I checked they don't have any panther chameleon in stock nor they have any idea when next panther chameleon will come. I discovered from some of the pet shops that the staff doesn't seem know in detail about which locale of the panther chameleon they are selling.

Appreciate any input or advise.

Cheers,
Mario.
Hey Mario, I don’t know much about Japan, but is there possibly breeders you can contact? I would look it up for you to see if there were breeders but my browser wouldn’t pull up what is wanted. Have you looked into that?

I found several pet shops online but when I checked they don't have any panther chameleon in stock nor they have any idea when next panther chameleon will come. I discovered from some of the pet shops that the staff doesn't seem know in detail about which locale of the panther chameleon they are selling.
ICBW, but this all suggests to me that they deal in WC rather than CB animals.
Not a judgment—in some places, I can understand how one has to begin with what is available.

IDK if this will be of any help; my experiences at reptile shows have been quite different. (They've had chameleons) So much depends on the local community.

Other leads:
CraigsList (Tokyo)​

Unfortunately neither morphmarket nor breedir have listings in Japan (that I can find).

I also found these:

scaling up: the contemporary reptile pet market in Japan

You Can Hang Out With Lizards at Japan's Reptile Cafés

(I'm thinking Reptile Cafés may be a lead?) 🤷‍♂️

Hey Mario, I don’t know much about Japan, but is there possibly breeders you can contact? I would look it up for you to see if there were breeders but my browser wouldn’t pull up what is wanted. Have you looked into that?
Hi ElliotG thanks for the tips. Yes i browsed the web and the information is very limited. The problem is I was browsing in English. My luck will increase significantly if I browse in Japanese, which i am not able to haha ..

Will check another big pet shop i found online this weekend. 🤞

ICBW, but this all suggests to me that they deal in WC rather than CB animals.
Not a judgment—in some places, I can understand how one has to begin with what is available.

IDK if this will be of any help; my experiences at reptile shows have been quite different. (They've had chameleons) So much depends on the local community.

Other leads:
CraigsList (Tokyo)​

Unfortunately neither morphmarket nor breedir have listings in Japan (that I can find).

I also found these:

scaling up: the contemporary reptile pet market in Japan

You Can Hang Out With Lizards at Japan's Reptile Cafés

(I'm thinking Reptile Cafés may be a lead?) 🤷‍♂️

Hi Klyde, appreciate you browsed the web to find reference. I ran across the youtube vid you shared then checked Facebook to find local community. No luck so far.

Reptile cafe may be a good start to ask around where is the reputable breeders. In the end I may have to start from local pet store if there is no known local breeder is around. Thanks 🙏

Hi ElliotG thanks for the tips. Yes i browsed the web and the information is very limited. The problem is I was browsing in English. My luck will increase significantly if I browse in Japanese, which i am not able to haha ..

Will check another big pet shop i found online this weekend. 🤞
Could you possibly translate? Incase the pet shop doesn’t have any?

Google has a feature where you can translate languages.
Hi ElliotG,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes Google has such function and the problem is if I do find local breeder through that means, most likely they will only serve Japanese speaker. I had few encounters when I messaged them in English they just read and didn't bother to response. It will only complicate things. Anyway thanks for the help.

Hi ElliotG,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes Google has such function and the problem is if I do find local breeder through that means, most likely they will only serve Japanese speaker. I had few encounters when I messaged them in English they just read and didn't bother to response. It will only complicate things. Anyway thanks for the help.
Ah I see. That makes more sense. Good luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom