Furcifer lateralis lateralis or Furcifer lateralis major?

Owl

Furcifer lateralis lateralis or Furcifer lateralis major?

i hold her 4 months

thanks a lot !

ss853338.jpg

ss853344.jpg

That looks like a lateralis lateralis. Actually the proper name is just Furcifer lateralis.

The following photos are of the lateralis 'major'. (Furcifer cf. lateralis var. "major") They are a little bit bigger and aren't quite as colourful as the smaller lateralis.

Female. At rest:

142-4235.jpg

Female. Receptive:

DSC_002720080731.jpg

Male and female: Copulation

Fmajorcopulating.jpg

Cheers,
T

That looks like a lateralis lateralis. Actually the proper name is just Furcifer lateralis.

The following photos are of the lateralis 'major'. (Furcifer cf. lateralis var. "major") They are a little bit bigger and aren't quite as colourful as the smaller lateralis.

Cheers,
T

Do lateralis major get exported anymore? Or does anyone still even work with these?

LPR08

I'd assume the 'majors' still come in. Their distribution overlaps with the regular lateralis so if the exporters are collecting in the south west of Madagascar then the majors would be part of that.

I managed to get to F2 with the majors but as far as I know none of those guys are alive anymore and no viable offspring was produced from my adults. Kent?

Unfortunately, no. All the eggs lasted a while but eventually molded over with no hatchlings. :(

Back
Top Bottom