Funky Ribs

I didn't know,there were studies in equine science. Interesting!

I hope the vet is right about the parasites but unless he does a fecal he won't know what the parasite is ...if there even is one...so if the chameleon doesn't get better with the treatment then you're right back where you started and hopefully the chameleon won't be any worse. What antiparasite medication did the vet give your chameleon?

It was Panacur I believe.

Poor baby Ezra is not doing so great today. Not eating the feeders we place in between his teeth (reluctantly holding on to them, and then spitting them out). I was getting dressed for the day and checked on him again, and he had regurgitated 2 undigested mealworms and one cricket.

He is still moving but very weak. I am going to call the vet and see what he thinks is best in this situation.

Again, thank you all for your continued support. We love him and only want the best.

It was Panacur I believe.

Poor baby Ezra is not doing so great today. Not eating the feeders we place in between his teeth (reluctantly holding on to them, and then spitting them out). I was getting dressed for the day and checked on him again, and he had regurgitated 2 undigested mealworms and one cricket.

He is still moving but very weak. I am going to call the vet and see what he thinks is best in this situation.

Again, thank you all for your continued support. We love him and only want the best.
You should not be feeding mealworms at all they are high in chitin so they can be hard to digest.

The Panacur should not make him sick. I had to use it on mine for pinworms. Why did they give it to him without a fecal?

Although panacur shouldn't make the chameleon sick normally, if the chameleon has a very heavy parasite load and the panacur works then the dead worms become "garbage" that the chameleon's system has to get rid of and can become toxic. Funny that the system can handle the worm load better than the dead in a way.

Although panacur shouldn't make the chameleon sick normally, if the chameleon has a very heavy parasite load and the panacur works then the dead worms become "garbage" that the chameleon's system has to get rid of and can become toxic. Funny that the system can handle the worm load better than the dead in a way.
Is it odd that they would give it though without a fecal? My vet will not give meds without an exact diagnosis and fecal if needed to back it up.

@Beman ...it's a shot gun approach to give it without a fecal...and I don't like that some vets do this...but I'm also not a vet and maybe there's a reason I don't know as to why they do this. It's not really any different than giving antibiotics without knowing what bacteria is involved...even human doctors do that.

You have a good vet by the sounds of it!

Hi, Wanted to update you all since it has almost been a year now.

We did end up loosing Ezra the following day, and since I have committed to learning and putting into practice as much as I possibly can to give Nova (the female) the best life possible. She is around a year old and has not laid eggs yet due to reduced diet and lower basking temp. She has grown so much since all of the changes were made per the suggestions of @Beman on my help/info form. This time last year she was 14 grams, and now she is 83 and so beautiful.

I have since been able to realise that the man who sold him (Ezra) to us at the expo was fully taking advantage of our nïevety and just wanted to get rid of him. He was in (what I now see) terribly ill condition and didn't have much hope from the start. It pains me to see the snapchat memories that pop up, because now I recognise what horrible condition he was in. However, I am thankful for the little guy being in my life (even just for a little bit) and teaching me the value of proper care, husbandry, and how much I had yet to learn about chameleons. More Importantly, I would really like to thank you all for the help during a scary time, you all are amazing. I greatly appreciate the insight because without, I would have lost them both.

anyway, sorry to get sappy. hope you all continue to help others and share the chameleon love

@Brodybreaux25 @Beman @kinyonga

Hello. I am new to the forum and just now saw your post. I am so sorry for your loss, and I know it's hard. Everyone on here is of wonderful help and is appreciated. We are here for each other ????

Hi, Wanted to update you all since it has almost been a year now.

We did end up loosing Ezra the following day, and since I have committed to learning and putting into practice as much as I possibly can to give Nova (the female) the best life possible. She is around a year old and has not laid eggs yet due to reduced diet and lower basking temp. She has grown so much since all of the changes were made per the suggestions of @Beman on my help/info form. This time last year she was 14 grams, and now she is 83 and so beautiful.

I have since been able to realise that the man who sold him (Ezra) to us at the expo was fully taking advantage of our nïevety and just wanted to get rid of him. He was in (what I now see) terribly ill condition and didn't have much hope from the start. It pains me to see the snapchat memories that pop up, because now I recognise what horrible condition he was in. However, I am thankful for the little guy being in my life (even just for a little bit) and teaching me the value of proper care, husbandry, and how much I had yet to learn about chameleons. More Importantly, I would really like to thank you all for the help during a scary time, you all are amazing. I greatly appreciate the insight because without, I would have lost them both.

anyway, sorry to get sappy. hope you all continue to help others and share the chameleon love

@Brodybreaux25 @Beman @kinyonga
I am still here and I love that you came back to give us an update about your little girl. I am sorry you lost Ezra but very happy you found us so you could correct what you needed for your little Nova. Maybe you got Ezra so that you would find us. And at least for the time he had he was shown love and caring.

I would love to see pics of Nova and see how she has grown. If you have any questions we are still here helping. ❤

So sorry that you lost Ezra....but I was pretty sure it was going to happen. Keep him in your heart. It's good that he had you even if it was for a short time.

So glad that your female is doing well!

Thankyou for posting to let us know what happened. This often helps us to learn more so we can help other chameleons.

I am still here and I love that you came back to give us an update about your little girl. I am sorry you lost Ezra but very happy you found us so you could correct what you needed for your little Nova. Maybe you got Ezra so that you would find us. And at least for the time he had he was shown love and caring.

I would love to see pics of Nova and see how she has grown. If you have any questions we are still here helping. ❤

oh man, do I have photos:

the first three are the first few months I had her, then the rest are after I made some major changes. I think the shoulder images show the best growth comparison ?

Attachments

• IMG_9704.JPG
    IMG_9704.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9702.JPG
    IMG_9702.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6661.PNG
    IMG_6661.PNG
    556 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6660.PNG
    IMG_6660.PNG
    918.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9923.jpg
    IMG_9923.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.26.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.26.22 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6659.PNG
    IMG_6659.PNG
    398.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6604.jpg
    IMG_6604.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 61
oh man, do I have photos:

the first three are the first few months I had her, then the rest are after I made some major changes. I think the shoulder images show the best growth comparison ?
Awwww She is beautiful! Thank you for this and coming back. Reminds me why I spend so much time here and renews my drive to continue to help seeing that it really does make a difference. ❤

Back
Top Bottom