Fun @ Reptile Show!!

Roni013

Ok so I just got back from my first reptile show. Wow! Snakes, lizards, geckos, frogs galore! Not so many chameleons though. I was a little dissapointed in LLL and Reptile Depot. LLL had a pregnant flapneck that looked like she was ready to lay any second, even the guy I asked about her said 'oh we shouldnt have brought that one'. And Reptile Depot had a few flapnecks but 3 of them had at least one eye closed and the other one looked skinny, they were WC. Just when I was about to give up, here comes Pam's Chams to the rescue. She had beautiful panthers but in the corner, what did I see, 2 male CB Carpet Chameleons. They were both very healthy looking, I had that bad experience witht Carpets but Pam was super nice and we talked for a bit. Also I got a little help from the forum Carpet guy, Cameron who I kept calling asking "what do I do?" The 2 of them convinced me to give carpets another chance. Look down below to see what I got and all the cool stuff I saw!
*Pardon the quality used camera phone*

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

Pam convincing me to get another Carpet:
DSC00564.jpg

My new baby:
IMG_0198.jpg

...so this is what thier supposed to look like....:D

I'm super excited, I'm sure with the help of all you expeirenced keepers I can keep this guy looking as bright an healthy as he does now. He's SO cute, now to name him.....:D

What show was this? I just got back from the Sacramento show and didn't see any Carpets. I got a Male Veield. He was one of two that were of good size the rest of them looked to be only a couple of weeks.

It was the Sacramento one, Pam was the only one who had them, I almost didn't see them either. She had 2 males in a cage hidden inbetween all the panthers! It was a great find, imagine a CB carpet, and a great price! Pam is really nice.
OH and hers some more photos from the show I found in my phone:
DSC00569.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

Roni, im really glad you were able to get your carpets, and especially from pams chams, from what i have scene and known she is great with her chameleons, no personal experience with her, but she is top quality.

grats, and teh expo looks awsome.

Excellent choice by getting a c.b. Carpet. You avoided alot of the troubles keepers run into when they buy w.c. And pam really knows her stuff. You can call her up with any questions that shell be more than glad to assist in any way she can

Thanks for all the great comments! I feel really great about this find! I know I probably should have gone w/something easier but seeing CB there, and I've heard great things about Pam, it seemed like fate! I'm ready to put 110% into keeping this lil guy healthy. I've already seen him eating and drinking and getting comfy in his new home. I feel like my chances of success are much higher now that I started out w/ a healthy one. Thanks for all your support, I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as he grows :D

Very nice, I was at the show yesterday, I am going back in about 20 minutes or so. I purchase 2 Nosy Be's, a male and a female. 1.5 months old, I will take some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom